It's time once again for Mama Kat's Weekly Homework Assignment! This week, I chose the following prompt: 5.) List your top 10 “Spring Trends."
I love the Spring time (actually, I love all the seasons ...). It's a time for new beginnings ... almost like an awakening out of hibernation ... and after this past snow-filled winter, it's time for some good weather! But, I digress ... Here is a list of my top 10 Spring trends ... in no particular order:
10. Fishing ... April 3 is opening day of trout fishing season. Two of my best friends and I are heading out to catch a great bounty of rainbows, brookies, and brownies ... unfortunately, we'll be out there with a collection of some of the worst fishermen ever ... opening day is like amateur night ... but hey, it's tradition!
9. Grilling and barbecuing - I can't get enough of this. I love the smell of barbecued flesh! And heck, I'm really good at grilling!
8. Enjoying some refreshing drinks on our back deck. The weather is turning nicer - it's not too cold and not too hot. Plus, with the sun staying out longer and longer, it's time to enjoy the outdoors .... with a beer or two!
7. Spring cleaning - no, I don't enjoy it, but it's gotta be done ... and the sense of accomplishment felt isn't so bad ... right?
6. Baseball! Philadelphia has once again become a baseball town, thanks to a recent World Series victory and a beautiful ballpark. Can't wait to go!
5. Playing sports outside - I don't play as much as I used to, but I can't wait to play some basketball, tennis, and even some baseball outside with friends ... oh yeah, we don't play as long as we used to, either ... getting old sucks!
4. Horse-shoe tournaments - Yep, I love playing horse-shoes ... it's simple, and it can be done whilst holding a beer. I love sports like that!
3. Taking trips to the shore - Springtime is great down the shore ... not too crowded, and still very peaceful ... this is good fun up until around Memorial Day.
2. Shorts and t-shirts - Time to break these out soon ... actually, I wear shorts and t-shirts all year round when I work out ... however, soon, I'll be able to wear these outside.
1. Outdoor summer concerts - I haven't really gone to one of these in a while, but man, they are fun. Hopefully some good bands come around Philly this summer!
Nearing Opening Days Thoughts
1 day ago