Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Acoustically Speaking ...

I’ve always prided myself on how well I can play air guitar. At times I can literally transform myself into Pete Townsend, Keith Richards, and even Jimmy Hendrix (when drunk enough). I have always wished that I would’ve taken guitar lessons when I was younger. I figure, with the previously mentioned air guitar moves I currently have, mixed with some actually musical skills, I’d be dangerous.

Now, I have my chance. My wife surprised me by purchasing an acoustic guitar for me for Christmas. I’ve been slowly practicing the last few days, and I’ve come to the shocking conclusion that actually learning to play the guitar is a wee bit tougher than learning how to play air guitar. Also, the air guitar skills do not transfer to actually playing guitar.

I can’t wait for the day when I can play some good “Keef” guitar riffs on songs like “Satisfaction,” “Start Me Up,” and other Stones classics. As of right now, however, I’m having trouble picking up “When The Saints Go Marching In.” Maybe the Saints’ football team will be respectable by the time I can actually play (of course, they’ll probably be located in L.A. by then).

1 comment:

The Rev said...

This just in from the Daily Times...

Ridley Township Police report that noise complaints in the Milmont Park section have increased in the days following Christmas. Residents who live along Ohio Ave in the area of MacDade Blvd describe the noises as ear-splitting and uncomfortable. One resident described the noise as sounding like "a 2-year old kid with a guitar". Another resident described it as "pure hell on wheels". Police say that if the complaints continue, the noises will be investigated by the end of the week, perhaps with the SWAT team.