Sad news from the land of game shows. Legendary Price is Right Host, and a guy that apparently poked a lot of hot “beauties” on the show, Bob Barker is retiring after what seems like 1 million years as the host of the popular game show.
Obviously, this day had to come sooner or later, and truthfully, I thought it would’ve happened many years ago. I grew up watching the guy give away cars and lovely dinette sets, not to mention tons and tons of money on Plinko. I enjoyed watching him try to putt the golf ball in the popular “Hole in One” game. I was envious of his cool microphone, and enjoyed trying to guess the price of a six-pack of tic-tacs. I was as shocked as everybody else when he finally stopped dying his hair black.
In my opinion, Bob Barker as a game show host was only bettered by Gene Rayburn (of Match Game fame), and I am concerned/interested in finding out who will replace this celebrated man. Barker outlasted not only every other game show host, but also announcers like Johnny Olson and Rod Roddy. The Price is Right will go on – it is just too fun of a show to fall to the wayside. But, I’d really like to know who is capable of hosting this show for the next few decades (the network did try on numerous occasions to put the show on prime-time, but for some reason, the show never succeeded in the evenings – maybe the game show host does have a lot to do with this).
So, I wanted to see if you guys and gals have any suggestions on who could carry this show into the future. I want this to be fun, so if you had the choice of selecting anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, who would it be?
Here are just a few of my choices:
1. Mike Tyson – Seriously, why not? Wouldn’t it be great to see him screw up, get mad, and punch a contestant in the face? Additionally, his banter with the “Tyson Beauties” would probably be priceless.
2. Michael Jackson – Watching his nose fall off on stage would be worth the investment itself. Unfortunately, the Beauties would probably be replaced by “Jackson’s Juveniles.”
3. Will Farrell – This show could use an injection of humor, and Farrell has plenty to offer.
4. Ric Flair – The glitter of the robes he wears is a perfect fit with this show.
5. Lawrence Taylor – Oh what the heck! Just let him do some blow and give him the microphone. It worked with the Gong Show.
I Hate the 9th Inning
2 hours ago