Friday, October 28, 2005

Ghoulish Tidbits

Since I don’t have anything really important to talk about (I know – since when have I ever had anything important to talk about), I’ll set you up with some tidbits:

1. I love Halloween – I love dressing up for Halloween. I guess it may be because my mom never let me get cool costumes as a child. I was the guy dressed up as a hobo every year – my mom would save the pants that I put holes in, and she would patch them up and save the clothes for Halloween. Other people got to be vampires, and ghosts, and He-Man – I was the hobo. Here are the five costumes I’m most proud of (that I developed):
* Mick Jagger – I dressed like him in college. I borrowed a girl’s purple stretch pants, and put make-up on and everything. I even lip-synched to “Start Me Up” at a party. Very cool.
* Drew Carey – I borrowed my dads pants, shirt, and jacket; used a pillow, and got black glasses. I won for best costume.
* Ric Flair – My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I got a black robe, put all kinds of sequins on it, I got a blond wig, black boxers, and a championship belt. I ruled.
* Heino – If you don’t know who this is, google him. I got a blonde wig, red suit-jacket, little guitar, and a picture of mountains that I attached to the suit jacket. It ruled!
* Napoleon Dynomite – I’m dressing like him this year, because I rule!

2. I think one of the biggest fears I have is the toilet bowl overflowing. I’ve never actually had this happen to me, but I’ve been close on more than a few occasions. God, what a rush when the toilet finally flushes!

3. Besides Forsberg and Gagne, are there any other Flyers that can score?

4. Am I the only one who thinks that naming Hurricanes after the Greek Alphabet is stupid? Hurricane Beta??? C’mon! I have some suggestions:
* Name them after fast food restaurants: “Hurricane Bob’s Big Boy just rammed into the Gulf Coast.”
* How about naming them after animals, but really cool ones like “Hurricane Wolverine.”
* Name them after cool movie characters, like “Hurricane Boba Fett.”

5. Does anyone else feel ripped off that after Howard Stern leaves, the east coast gets David Lee Roth, while the west coast gets Adam Carolla? Has any rock legend (besides Gary Glitter) dropped so quickly?

2 comments:

Ink and Stone said...

You always have something important to say, Karl!

1. When I was little I always dressed up as something dead. I chose to dress up as something dead.

2. I've had this happen before and it's NASTY. Thank the gods for bleach!

3. Only if they buy a prostitute, I guess.

4. Name the hurricanes after hex-code. It'll really confuse people.
"Here comes Hurricane FF0000, bearing down on the gulf coast!"

5. Never really listend to him anyway.

The Rev said...

1. I like halloween. I usually get to DJ a good party so I get to make money. But I'm not a dresser-upper. And I just saw Napoleon Dynamite for the first time, so I appreciate your costume. I assume you will choose a "Vote For Pedro" t-shirt.

2. Had that happen. It sucks.

3. Primeau, Richards, and Knuble need to get it going. But having two players like Forsberg and Gagne is a good thing in today's salary-capped NHL.

4. Apparently having a Hurricane Steve will only happen in Australia. I hate that.

5. I feel very ripped off. I don't think Roth will succeed. Either Adam Carolla will go national, or WYSP will move Barsky into the slot when Roth goes bad. I really think Barsky was a backup hire to slide into that slot eventually.