Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Quick Hits

I feel uninspired today, so I must apologize. I guess it was the combination of playing Mario Golf and watching the World Series of Poker last night. But I do have some quick thoughts that may or may not be of interest. Here goes:

1. Does anybody else besides me think that Hamburger Helper rules? I used to laugh and belittle those commercials with that “Chef’s Hand.” Actually, they probably still are stupid, but man, the creations taste so good, and they only take a little time to make. I made the Cheeseburger Macaroni one last night, and it was scrumtralescent (a word that Will Ferrell made up).
2. There are so many acorns in my back yard, that the squirrels are now wearing stretch-pants and elastic flannel shirts.
3. Christmas is almost two months away, but the stores (such as Macy’s) are in full holiday swing already. Screw Halloween and Thanksgiving, let’s make Christmas 3 months long!
4. With all these remakes out or in the process of coming out, why not just shut the doors to movie companies altogether? Obviously, they’ve lost their desire to be creative, so why not just re-release the originals in the theatres? First, this would be way less expensive, and second, the originals are so much better than the remakes. Maybe the $10 ticket prices could come down to a more reasonable level .. ah, I guess I’m not making any sense.
5. Is anybody out there thrilled with the idea of David Lee Roth replacing Howard Stern? I know, Stern has been getting really boring in the last year or so, talking about his move to satellite radio. What is Dave gonna talk about? Unless he brings in Eddie Van Halen and Sammy Hagar and stages elaborate fist-fights with them, I don’t think his “schtick” will last very long. Hey Philly, try Preston and Steve on 93.3 WMMR – they really do rock.
6. I'm currently listening to a cd called "39 Minutes of Bliss" by a group called "The Caesars" in my car. I absolutely love this cd, and yes, I know it has been out since 2003, but I just got it. You may recognize the one song from a commercial - it is called "Jerk Out," and it is way too addicting. The group sounds somewhere between an early Beatles or Stones and the Hives or Vines.

2 comments:

The Rev said...

Hamburger Helper does rule. But what's the best quote from National Lampoon's Vacation? "I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper. It does just fine on it's own!"

Ink and Stone said...

1. Mmmmmmm... scrumptralescent.

2. Um... I don't get it. On another note, Oak Trees kick ass!

3. "I remember when Thanksgiving was Thanksgiving and not Christmas, Part 1!!!" - Lewis Black

4. No, you make sense. I think movie companies are eventually going to price themselves out of range. 10$ for a fucking movie???? Kiss my ass.

5. Meh, I listen to CDs and MP3s. You know.... music.... what they used to play on the radio decades ago.

6. I'm currently listening to 'Houses of the Mole' by Ministry. You know the CD Karl, I was playing when we went to Wendy's today. It makes me want to get up and break shit. Alot. and Dance! Dance my little heart out. With knives. and napalm. in a gasoline factory.