Well, we finally reached 2006. And, I brought the New Year in with style … as I contracted my annual cold/flu over vacation. A new year couldn’t go by without me hacking up enough mucus to fill a swimming pool. So, because I’m not feeling great, I decided I would put a list of things I hate together:
1. Can somebody please explain to me the “philosophy” the NFL uses when they go to timeout after a score, then come back for the kickoff, only to immediately go back to commercials? It’s ONE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we seriously need another commercial after 1 frickin’ play? Seriously, if you need to run the commercials, why not spend the extra minute after the score, so that you do not have to break up the game anymore, you corporate whores. I’m sick of it.
2. Skating with Celebrities????? Are you serious? I can’t wait for “Baking With Celebrities,” “Sleeping With Celebrities,” and “Off-roadin’ With Celebrities.” Enough, already. And please, take American Idol, and shove it up your ass.
3. Did the NFL regular season end? I didn’t notice. I watched part of another poor excuse for an Eagles game, and Joe Buck mentioned that the Eagles season was mercifully over. It was a very depressing season. Last year, before the Eagles even got T.O., my friend from Baltimore called to gloat (when it was reported T.O. was going to the Ravens). I told him that T.O. would not be the ticket to the championship, and that he would ultimately shake the organization to its foundation. Boy, what a prognosticator I was. The only thing was, that he ended up coming to Philly and doing this. Ugh.
4. Arrested Development is getting canceled? Why? Apparently, the show is too good for a channel like FOX. Of course, this is the channel that canceled Family Guy a few years ago, and replaced it with the blockbuster Tucker show.
5. Can we all get on with our lives, please? I am sick of hearing the “Nick and Jessica” gossip, and the “Brad and Angelina and Jennifer” triangle. Surely there must be something more important to discuss at the water cooler than a bunch of over-priced prim donnas having marital problems?
6. Can we finally put Dick Clark back in the freezer? I think it is time to get a new host for New Years, and no, I don’t think Regis is the answer. Isn’t he older than Dick Clark? Why not try Adam Carolla or Jimmy Kimmel? How much worse could it get?
Writer’s Workshop: Up To No Good
4 days ago