Some More Morsels (love that word!)
1. We had some interior designer friends over this weekend, and I realized how much I don’t know about interior design. They were talking about window treatment at one point. If my wife told me to go get window treatment, I would probably come back with a case of Windex and some caulk. Actually, window treatment is the more “hip” term for curtains. So, don’t say you didn’t learn anything today.
2. It should be an exciting Super Bowl this year. I watched both games and was impressed with the Steelers and Seahawks on both sides of the ball. I really admire Bill Cowher, even though I’m not a Steelers fan (hard to be one if you are an Eagles fan). However, he does look a lot like Sgt. Slaughter. He spits when he talks too (just like Sarge). The Super Bowl would be awesome if (A) the NFL had a microphone on Cowher the entire game and he said things like “You puke!, You maggot!,” and (B) if they could convince coach Holmgren to dress up like the Iron Sheik. BTW – if you think I lifted the Sgt. Slaughter reference from the Sports Guy, you are wrong – I have e-mail evidence to prove that I had called him Sgt. Slaughter before last week’s article came out.
3. I watched Shawshank Redemption AGAIN last night. It seems like (A) TNT, Spike, TBS, and every other station has a rule that they must play this movie at least once a week, and (B) anytime that I know it is on, I feel compelled to watch it. What a great movie.
4. My wife is now a huge Johnny Cash fan. We saw the movie about a month ago, and she is totally enamored by him. Prior to seeing the movie, my wife would never have listened to his music – I even tried playing a song in the car once, and after 30 seconds, she asked me to change it. Now she knows a bunch of his songs by heart, goes to his website just about every day, and probably knows more about him than I do.
5. I watched part of 60 minutes last night (the football game was on commercial), and saw that there are these gaming tournaments all over the place now – with sponsorship deals, and major prize money. Where was this when the Atari 2600 was all the rage? I would’ve beaten anybody in Yar’s Revenge, and Megamania.
R.I.P. Dallas Green
1 day ago