Tuesday, February 05, 2008

More Stuff ....

A few more random thoughts …

1. I loved the Super Bowl – I’m not a fan of either team, but that was one heckuva 4th quarter – sometimes, that’s all you can ask for.

2. The writers’ appears to be almost over, thankfully. Unfortunately, it took some casualties already … like the second half of The Office, 24, and about ½ of the Lost episodes. It seems like these shows have been replaced by yet even more reality shows … book sales must be up, though.

3. Was it me, or did it look as if Tom Petty is slowly starting to morph into Bob Dylan. Petty put on a decent half-time show, but the man has about as much stage presence as bird gravel.

4. Super Tuesday came and went … you know, maybe I don’t pay enough attention to politics, but has Super Tuesday always been a big deal? I’m waiting for Tostitos to buy the rights to this.

5. The Super Bowl commercials were a let-down as usual. There were a few funny commercials, though – like the one with Alice Cooper and Richard Simmons, or the Pepsi commercial with Christ Kattan, or the e-trade commercial with the baby that puked. I bet the sponsors were pissed when the Giants opened the game with an 8+ minute drive.

6. Will Farrell + semi pro basketball league = funny?

7. I wonder if there are bets out there as to who will be doing the Super Bowl halftime show next season. Here are a few bands that should NEVER be allowed to play: Creed, 3-Doors Down, Train, and Creed … wait, did I say Creed twice? Well, they REALLY shouldn’t be allowed to play.

8. Apparently, there is some super stomach virus going around – giving people the runs, a bad fever, and the power vomits for a few days. Please, don’t let me get this!

9. I heard somewhere that Tom Hanks was originally considered to play Bill Murray’s character in Groundhog Day … I think they made the right choice. Al Pacino was apparently supposed to play Han Solo in Star Wars … again, the right choice was made. The role of Cameron Fry in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was originally offered to Anthony Michael Hall … thankfully (not for him), he declined. Weird.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Super Bowl: Great Q4. What a shame to never again hear how the Patriots are the greatest team ever. Adding the Miami Dolphins commercial was perfect.

Tom Petty: That dumb top hat he wore 20 years ago screamed "Bob Dylan."

Super Tuesday: Happy Mardi Gras.

Super Bowl Ads: Doritos ad with the giant mouse was pretty good. So was Shaq as a jockey, stiff-arming the horses.

Super Bowl halftime: Zero chance of Janet Jackson. Actually, I miss the Butt Bowl.

Actors: Sadly, Ben Affleck was chosen ever.

El Padrino said...

you know how i feel about the super bowl

and check out notstarring.com
for nice movie talk

snowelf said...

Los, I think you'd only get the pukes if Creed played in next years super bowl half time show. ;)

hehehe

I thought Tom Petty looked amazingly healthy for some reason...?

--snow

Lisa said...

I thought Tom Petty sounded faantastic even if he was a total bore to watch ... wouldn't mind going to hear him when he's here in June. Although, listening to a CD may be just as good.

Superbowl ads ... what was up with all the creepy animal ads??? Boohiss!..... Babs Peapod

Steph said...

That game even made the news down here!

Art_Fulldodger said...

Probably one of the best superbowls I have ever seen. Not a blow out, somedecent offence and anyones game right down to the wire.

Tom Petty - Love his music but zzzzzzzzzz

Writers Strike - Please come back soon. Lettermans show really sucks right now and Leno is even worse.

Will Ferrel - He is funny but enough of the dumbass comedy, show us something new. Can't top Old School in my book.

Los said...

Jeff - Unfortunately, we have to continue to hear about the Dolphins popping champagne bottles some more.

ElP - will definitely check that out!

Snow Elf - I guess he looked healthy for his age, but I will always remember him from that "Don't Come Around Here No More" video.

Lisa - I think we are trying to get tix for Petty (well, not Schue).

Steph - The world is watching!

Rainman - actually, I prefer Ferrell to stay with the screwball comedies ... I don't want him to turn into another Jim Carrey.