Sunday, February 17, 2008

A New Discovery ...

I came to a conclusion a few weeks ago at work, after much “picking.” Before your dirty minds start cranking out ideas, I’ll let you in on it - I think I may have purchased the absolute worst boxer briefs ever made. Sorry to all those folks who were disappointed by this revelation.
You’re probably wondering how I was able to come to such a conclusion … either that, or you really don’t care so much about my underwear trials and tribulations (and if that’s the case, I really don’t blame you). I’ve been spending an enormous amount of time throughout the day pulling out these enormous wedgies that I’ve been getting. It’s as if these boxers were cookies and my ass was the Cookie Monster, either that or my ass has been like a vacuum cleaner, sucking up the lint … which of course is being represented by these boxer briefs.

I remember buying said underwear at a department store a few months ago, opting to buy the brand that was a couple of dollars less. If anything, I learned a VERY important lesson that day, my friends – there are some items which one should not spare expense on. Actually, I’ve known about some of these for quite some time – items such as trash bags and shoes quickly come to mind. Well, congratulations boxer briefs, for you have finally made this exclusive list!

I would estimate that I pick this wedgie about 5 times a day, and I may be a little conservative with this estimate. The more embarrassing thing is that I’ve been caught picking my wedgie on numerous occasions. It’s a tough thing to brush off, and it’s really difficult to make out like you were doing something else (for instance, when you trip while you are walking, sometimes you can pretend that you were jogging). I’m probably known in some circles of the office as Mr. Wedgie, or something like that … all because I wanted to save a few bucks on underwear.

On a side note, one truly underratedly good feeling is the feeling you get after pulling a wedgie out of your ass. Some words that don’t fully describe this feeling include satisfaction, freedom, and invincibility.

11 comments:

Jeff said...

And here I thought you came to boogers after much "picking" ...

After reading about your wedgies, I wish it had been about you picking your nose. What did I ever do to deserve having that image seared in my mind?

Even some "surgery gone bad" TV show isn't that foul.

schue said...

A funny quote "Nuthin's right, when your underware's tight" A bad pair of undies can ruin a day.
Cheaper is not always better.

The Rev said...

You think you have problems... try being a fat guy who needs to find good underwear.

Oh wait... we had this conversation before.

snowelf said...

Mr. Wedgie!! hahahaha!!

Just throw them away. Nothing that causes you that much grief is worth keeping. :P

--snow

Lisa said...

That's why I always questions thongs for women. I say, butt floss does not equal comfort. ... Babs Peapod

Christina_the_wench said...

Did you just write an entire post on underwear and wedgies? This is why I keep coming back....

Superstar said...

welcome to the wonderful world of underware. Did you know they can be either too big or too small and cause the same discomfort?

Yeah.

Finally, maybe you could design something for woman that would be useful???

LOL I was reminded as you "pulled yout wedgie out" of a saying I use...
"my underware was doing a crawl a swimmer would be proud of"

You may use it anytime sugar!

El Padrino said...

interesting

minijonb said...

it's not how you feel... it's how you look in those boxer briefs. what does your wife think?

Ink and Stone said...

Hanes or Fruit-of-the-Loom, man! They're the only two that seem worth it.

Los said...

Jeff - You're welcome!

Schue - I hear ya!

Rev - busting quite a few guts that night!

Snow Elf - Yeah - I'm just too lazy to go out and get new ones ... sigh!

Lisa - Women do crazy things ... like walk in those ridiculous high heals ...

Christina - I try to write about what's relevant ...

Superstar - Yep, I'm using it ...

ElP - It's what I do ...

Minijonb - These briefs ride up way too far to look good. It looks like my ass is chewing tobacco.

Ink - Nothin' but the best from now on!