Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Odds and Ends ...

1. You would think that I’d be able to enjoy President’s Day by sleeping in .... Nope, Modern Exterminator made sure that this wasn’t the case – the exterminator called me at 7:00 in the morning on Monday to see if he could “service the house” sometime between 10 and 12. This company must be in dire need of money if THEY are calling THEIR customers! Could you imagine if Comcast Cable was this proactive (or gave this much of a rat’s ass about its customers)? Anyway, just another reason to thank my wife for paying the $500 to kill a mouse …

2. I’ve probably discussed this before, but do you think David Grohl is the happiest person alive for the demise of Nirvana? Cobain seemed a little to self centered – always complaining about the strain of music pressure on himself, but never acknowledging the band. Cobain complained that HE had to be the creative one to come up with the music, and sometimes he wished somebody else could help him write. Obviously, he really knew his bandmates well, for all he had to do was look over his shoulder at his own friggin’ drummer for assistance … but that probably would’ve cramped his “legendary” style.

3. So, there was a time when sports was an escape for all of us, right? But, with the whole steroids situation in baseball, and the Spygate situation in football, what do we as fans do now? Thanks to these situations, anytime a team or individual reaches some sort of milestone, we’ll have to question it, and really won’t be able to appreciate it for what it is.

4. I decided to watch the movie Reno 911 – Miami this weekend. Now, let me set this up for you. First of all, I am NOT a fan of the Comedy Central tv show. The camera style used in the show is kind of annoying to me, and the few episodes I did sit through produced nothing more than a few chuckles. But let me tell ya, the movie IS VERY funny. It’s as if professional writers actually did the script, a professional director ran the movie, and professional camera people were hired. Also, there were quite a few funny cameos in this surprisingly good flick. Maybe I’ll have to give the tv show another chance … maybe.

10 comments:

Ink and Stone said...

1. Quit whining you sissy. Not all of us had off of work for Prez Day anyway. (Though I still called in sick!)

2. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this "legendary" musician is not so "legendary". I thought his song writing was sub-par at best.

3. Not ALL of us, Los. Some of us hated that "pro" crap from the beginning.

4. Never seen the show. Never seen the movie. I'll take your word for it. I did finally see Friday After Next. That is some funny shit right there!

Jeff said...

1. Comcast would've awakened you at 7 am with the sound of ass denting your car.

2. Egomaniac singer? Yawn.

3. Steroids in baseball? Cheating in football? You watch rasslin'. Get over it.

4. Good to hear.

Steph said...

I love that show! I hope the movie makes it down here.

El Padrino said...

now i gotta check it out
never saw one episode of the show

Christina_the_wench said...

That one dude's shorts crack me up every time. It's like 1980 basketball shorts.

-B- said...

Sucks to say, but I always thought that when Cobain offed himself - that was the best thing to happen to Grohl. He was obviously bottled up back there with no creative outlet.
Picked up the Reno movie used at Blockbuster for ten bucks - definately worth it! And I haven't seen much of the show either.

minijonb said...

Grohl was along for the ride to get a paycheck. I think he's amazed by what has happened since as much as anyone.

Superstar said...

Isn't her money yours too??? just curious as y'all are married?

Cobain WHO?!?!?!??!?!

Just kidding...

Lisa said...

For $500 they should have at least come and cleaned up the carcass and washed up your ham picture. My mouse was seen once and never again, despite the traps I've got. I think he left in search of a more exciting household.... Barbra Peapod

Los said...

Ink - How many sick days do you have, by the way?

Jeff - That's why I have RCN!

Steph - That movie HAS to make it down under!

ElP - I never watched the show either - I was surprised by the flick!

Christina - Funny scene in the movie regarding his shorts ...

B - It would've been interesting if there was a way we could see what would've happened had Cobain not died.

Minijonb - He's been in two terriffic bands now ... not many people can claim that honor.

Superstar - It is "our" money ... good point.

Babs - That's my wife!