Friday, March 03, 2006

That Was NOT Easy!

I’m not going to take a bite out of Smokin’ Steve’s blog-site’s weekly asshole of the week award, but I have my own personal one. It is not necessarily a person, but more like a company. I won’t give you the name of the company, but I will give you its slogan – “That Was Easy.”

Let’s call the company “Paperclips.” Last week, they had a pretty amazing store sale – in fact, I was able to pick up a remote control, and a 6-outlet surge-resistent plug for free, and a 50-pack of DVD’s for $5. So far, so good – Paperclips was really making things easy for me.

Later in the week, I noticed that they had a special on a DVD burner (internal) for $20 (after rebates). This was certainly another fantastic deal that I couldn’t pass up. I went to the Moorestown Paperclips to purchase the burner, but found out that they had sold out of them. The sales person, who was actually very helpful, ordered one online for me. He had also given me the locations of other Paperclips stores that had some left, but I figured, it would be great just to have the thing delivered to my house … YES, because I’m lazy.

I was expecting it on Monday, but it didn’t show. When I got home on Tuesday, and saw no package again, I thought (A) it was stolen, (B) delivery people are as lazy as me, and (C) I’m gonna screw the pooch on this one. Well, you guessed it, the correct answer was indeed C.

I received a phone call from Paperclips (they conveniently called my home when they knew I’d be at work) and the lady said that she could not fulfill my order, and she would be crediting my credit card. Needless to say, I was pissed. I mean, had I known that the online service of Paperclips sucks the big hairy banana, I would’ve gone to another Paperclips store and picked up the burner there. Now, the sale is over, the product is sold out, and I have no burner.

I’m going to go to the Paperclips store today, and (A) complain, (B) yell and scream, and (C) suggest they change their slogan to “We’ll help you screw the pooch.” If you know the company I’m talking about, don’t go there. Go to Office Max or Office Depot instead.

2 comments:

Ink and Stone said...

Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples Staples

The Rev said...

Dude... if you want to crown the occasional asshole in your blog, that is cool. I will not get on you for that. In fact, I encourage asshole crowning whenever possible by anyone.

Just don't all it "Asshole of the Week". Call it... "Jerk-off of the Month" or something like that. Or else I will have to sick my lawfirm on you.