Monday, March 20, 2006

Things in My Head

1. I absolutely love the new Dairy Queen commercial advertising the new sandwich that apparently is really, really hot. This is the one where the guy is in the office and takes a bite of the sandwich, and immediately things start catching fire in his office – because his breath is so hot. I think that companies that try to be funny – like Anheuser Busch and Miller really should find out who came up with the concept of it

2. My new car keeps getting crapped on by birds – more-so than any of the other cars that I have driven. I’m wondering if these birds (a) realize that one car is newer or more expensive than another car, and (b) have some sort of complex game with other birds in which they score points for crapping on new cars. The birds in my neighborhood are excellent at this game.

3. Another movie to add to the “it was better when I was younger than it is now” museum – Dragnet. I remember when this movie came out in 1997, and it had quite a buzz around it. Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd (at the time, he was still making decent movies) co-starred, and when I first saw it, I loved it. Well, it was on Encore on Sunday, and I was excited to see it again. I’m not sure if it was because I was still a little tired, wasn’t drinking coffee, or hadn’t taken my morning growler yet, but I did NOT find it funny anymore. Maybe I’m just so tired with Dan Aykroyd and his amazing Chevy Chase career impersonation. I don’t know. All I know is that I’ll probably never watch this movie again.

4. The World Baseball Classic is still going on. I know, I know – many of you had no idea it even started, or what the hell the World Baseball Classic even is. I watched a few games, but lost interest rather early. But the funny part is that not even did the U.S. embarrass themselves by losing so early (why can’t any of our teams play well against other countries anymore), but they lost despite the obvious “leniency” that the officials and umpires gave them. We can’t even win when we have all the cards. Thank goodness nobody gives a crap about the World Baseball Classic.

1 comment:

The Rev said...

I think we all should eat Dairy Queen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in honor of their great commercial.

Yes, there is a game among birds, and your car is considered "home plate" if you know what I mean.

Yes, I enjoyed Dragnet when I was younger too. I believe you meant to type 1987. And now, I believe it is a silly movie. Another movie that falls into that category for me... "Moving Violations".

Go Dominican Republic!