Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Topical Chat, March 7, 2006

Why No Coat Racks??

I did a post on my other blog site a few days ago about a state (I think Connecticut) that is looking into a bill that would require restaurant and bars to have coat racks in their rest rooms. Initially, I thought this was a stupid idea – I mean is this state so well off that they can think about frivolous bills like this one?

Don’t get me wrong, I still feel that way, BUT whilst eating at Wendy’s last week, I realized how great it would be to have a coat rack at each table of restaurants (more importantly, fast-food restaurants). Fast food companies already try to maximize their space by cramming as many small tables as possible inside their walls. A typical “four-person table” is only really comfortable for 2 people. Now, when one includes jackets, this reduces the precious “ass-space” even further.

I guess I shouldn’t complain about that – after all, if they did add coat-racks, I might have to pay an extra 20 cents for value-meal #4.


Say It Ain’t So, Barry….NOT!!

So, Sports Illustrated is about to blow the roof off of the baseball industry when they publish a story about Barry Bonds and his use (abuse) of steroids. Bravo, SI! Hopefully, they will have enough room in the magazine to report on the moon landing of 1969.

Look, I hate Barry Bonds for many, many reasons – one of which is because he not only cheated with steroids, but he was so smug about it. What makes anyone think that this story is going to change anything? Everybody knows he used steroids (and those of you who refuse to believe this should grab both of your ears and pull them out of your rectum immediately).

Major League Baseball, which is still suffering from a strained neck caused by many years oflooking the other way, will not be forced to do anything about it now (and therefore, they will continue the status quo of ignoring it) – their motto is “what’s in the past, stays in the past, and as long as nobody else cares, we don’t care.” MLB made so much money off of players’ use of steroids in the mid-to-late 1990’s and beyond, that it is in their best interest not to do anything (it can be argued that steroid usage saved them after the 1994 lockout, or at the very least sped up the recovery).

I believe in Karma, and I’m betting that someday, somehow, Barry Bonds will have his day … I hope it is the worst day ever recorded.

2 comments:

The Rev said...

Connecticut, on a whole, sucks! I've been there too many times. I'm just not excited about the state in general. So this bill does not surprise me.

You gotta admit... Barry Bonds makes it fun to hate him because he makes it easy. Much like wrestling needs bad guys, baseball needs assholes.

Ken said...

Yeah... you came up with the coat rack idea!