Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's All About Karma...

So, remember how I was having trouble with "Chrome Repot?" Funny, I wasn't the only one. To make a long story short, somebody wrote an article about how this company, which once was all about customer service, has forgotten the customer. Additionally, the company's stock prices have fallen faster than Brittany Spears' fame.

I have two articles for you guys to look into. Apparently, the new CEO of Chrome Repot is set on repairing this company's shattered image, by "rectifying" customer complaints, and refocusing the company on customer service (and customer satisfaction). We'll see - I posted my complaint on the message board as well as sending my complaint via e-mail to the company. I'll keep you all posted.

Check out these stories:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/HomeDepotShaftingShoppers.aspx

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/HomeDepotCEOWeLetYouDown.aspx

6 comments:

Steph said...

Isn't it funny how a company can spend years and millions of dollars to build a reputation, yet it only takes the word of mouth by a few disgruntled customers for it all to come crashing down.

Lets hope they learned their lesson.

Ken said...

I think it's funny you go out of the way not to name HomeDepot, but the name HomeDepot is in the two URL's you posted. I've been following this story and I agree that custmer support has been in the dog house these last few years.

Christina_the_wench said...

Go get 'em, Los!

El Padrino said...

f u corp america!

Superstar said...

LOL ;)

Customer service 101. 1 upset person = 100. The new math goes something like this...I am isspayed and tell at least 10. Those 10 tell 10 and now we have 100...10X10=100.

SO...maybe they will send you some coupons or free stuff???
Let's see how they get you to go spend more money on services that were less than your expecations.

~shakes head~
I go to Lowes. While a penny here and there adds up. I would rather do it right the first time. ;o)

snowelf said...

Los...what an ironic coincidence. :D

I hope you get your problem resolved. Scott sounds like a decent enough fellow. You gonna go back?

--snow