Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stoppage Time

Just some thoughts and observations to wrap up a rather hectic week. Enjoy (or don’t):

1. Haven’t gotten an estimate on the repairs to the car yet. In talking with my insurance agent, it seems as if the girl who unceremoniously hit me with her tank is trying to change her story. Apparently, she now “remembers” that I had put my car in reverse when she was entering the parking lot … strange, as I have never knowingly exited a parking lot in reverse before. I guess I should be thankful that I got the police report, in which she stated that the sun was in her eyes when she was turning (which is a good reason to make that turn as quickly as possible).

2. I don’t know why, but for some reason I find fat guys in suits funny … this is probably why I’m a Laurel and Hardy fan ... and why I’m such good fans with the Reverend.

3. So, all I’m hearing about from just about everywhere is stuff about this American Idol knucklehead contestant named Sanjaya. Apparently, he’s got very little talent, but he wears such exotic (flaming) outfits that he has managed to make it to the final 10. Seriously, why does anybody even bother at this point.

4. Nickleback, I’m serious … STOP MAKING MUSIC! That goes for you too, 3-Doors Down!

5. Could it be true that ESPN has released both Michael Irvin AND Joe Theismann? Why not hit the trifecta and let that ass-hat Merril Hoge go as well?

6. Easter would be a great holiday if it wasn’t for that unnecessary tradition of eating ham.

7. I’m intrigued/concerned about the latest Will Farrell movie release, Blades of Glory. I’ve liked most of the Farrell movies I’ve seen, but I hope he didn’t jump the shark with Anchorman, it seems as though his movies after this point haven’t approached the pure comic genius of the prior movies.

8. This last piece is a “comic” strip done a while ago by one of my former coworkers – it is probably only funny to me and a few others, but I thought I’d share it with you anyway:


16 comments:

minijonb said...

I love the cartoon-thingy...

"I'd rather be moshing."

Brilliant!

Superstar said...

*GASPSSSSSSSSSSS*
WHAT??? 3-Doors down?? WHAT?!?!?!?
Seriously.
Ok so I was golfing w/ them last Friday, no wait the Friday before...while I was on Spring break, and they were so funny! OMG...GAWD I was like, hey! Stick to the makin' of music PLEASE!!!!

OK I am TOTALLY amazed that you are even talking about *shhhhh* American Idol...BUT now that you have opened the door *whoosh*
Howard Stern is encouraging his listeners to vote for Sanjya...This to screw up the whole...Vote and kick of the GOOD singers in an attempt to make AI creater Simon Fuller look like a complete idiot.
*sigh*
Well, Congrads...this bubble brain kid will probably be the next AI! Great ~rolls eyes~
Just what I DON'T Want!

Good post!
OH and use this line for the car:
"Unless my car LEVITATED into hers...She's at fault for PLOWIng into the SIDE of my car." BECAUSE had she really been BACKING out, she would have connected w/ your back bumper only!

~shakes head~
OH and offer to draw a picture for the Insurance. I won a similar case...;o) I didn't even have to flash them a boob!
*giggles*

Lionitt said...

I knew it - you like them better - sniff sniff - lol.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Buddy, did you forget about me? You're lucky I don't hold a grudge. My blog is public again. You never answered my note requesting your private email add.

Jeff said...

1. Car: Glad you have the police report. Hope you don't have to retain an attorney.

3. Idol: Let me know when it's Billy Idol. Otherwise, don't care.

5. ESPN: Hoge at least has a good excuse -- multiple concussions. I'd rather see them lose Stuart Scott, Linda Cohn, and that bald golf dork SportsCenter host.

8. Comic strip: pretty funny. Can't decide which is funnier: the face you made "while farting" or you sniffing your finger afterward.

The Rev said...

"I don’t know why, but for some reason I find fat guys in suits funny … this is probably why I’m a Laurel and Hardy fan ... and why I’m such good fans with the Reverend."

Good fans?

Anyway, you're gonna find me hilarious starting on Monday.

Tomorrow night... or maybe by the time you read this tonight... I think we need to hang out. I got stories to tell.

The Rev said...

By the way...

on the urging of Howard Stern, I voted for Sanjaya 4 times.

I want to do my part to make the show look foolish.

Ink and Stone said...

1. I'm glad you got the report. I hate when people don't fess up to their own stupid mistakes.

2. Fat guys in general are funny... like that Arby's commercial of the three fat guys at a construction site chasing after a pickup that has their food... in slow motion! Comedy gold!

3 an 4. Thay all need to go away.

5. Meh.

6. Mmmm... ham! Incidentally, my family usually has lasagana on easter.

7. Could be that he's burning himself out.

8. We are forever immortalized, Los, forever immortalized.

sirgeb said...

Another main reason that Sanjaya is still in this thing is also because of the following web movement:

They had a hand in Jay Leno winning last year:
http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Fairmaiden327 said...

LOS: I am in Philly 4/2 and 4/3 to train for new job. Have a drink with me.

El Padrino said...

does this mean that you'll be laughing at rev during his whole wedding?

Theismann is still with espn, sorry.

snowelf said...

1. Love how the girl is changing her story. I accidentally tapped (and I mean tapped) some 16 year olds at a yield sign when they started going and then suddenly slammed on the brakes for no reason. I supposively caused almost a thousand dollars worth of damage to their car according to the kid's dad and the "insurance estimate". I am not sure how I ever got up enough speed to cause a thousand dollars worth of damage when I was starting from a dead stop, AND did NO damage to my own car is beyond me, but whatever. I never argued or tried to make excuses why I hit them cause it just wasn't worth it. I think your chick just needs to shut up and step up.

2. All I can think of is Chris Farley singing "Fat guy in a little coat" in Tommy Boy.

3. Sanjaya sucks. I don't care who wins or loses, but if you're trying to vote for the worst one, he's it you guys. It's not so much his outfits as his horrific hair and ultra-sensitive feminine personality.

4. Please.

5. I miss ESPN.

6. Ban Ham!

7. I think that movie looks really terrible.

8. You guys have WAAAY too much fun at work. ;) (I hope I work for a place just like that!)

--snow

Los said...

Minijonb - Yeah, it's good to have creative friends, I guess.

Superstar - I think 3-doors down and nickleback are secretly the same group, set out to destroy music as we know it.

Lionitt - I like people at all jobs I've been at ... I've been lucky that way.

FM - I wasn't able to get to your blog site for weeks!

Jeff - Hoge is awful, he's stealing money at Espn.

Rev - The new job starts on Monday! Good luck!

Ink - Immortalization is a good thing!

Geb - Hopefully these kinds of websites take down American Idol!

ElP - Rev is going to be wearing a dress. He will look like Akeem, the African dream!

Snow Elf - Gotta love this society and our law system!!!

The Rev said...

"Rev is going to be wearing a dress. He will look like Akeem, the African dream!"

I am not!

It is a suit. But it is an Indian suit.

Ken said...

Office clowning competition!

Mama en Fuego said...

ROFLMAO @ the cartoon...I WANT ONE!!