Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stoppage Time

Just some random thoughts for the end of the week:
  • I’ve had a lot of issues with “Chrome Repot,” as you probably know. Well, now I have another one. Because of a lack of forethought, I had to purchase salt today (it snowed, our sidewalk and driveway were icy). I went to said hardware store to purchase this bag of salt. Ten frickin’ dollars for this bag. I know this is capitalism at its best, and if I was smarter, I would’ve purchase a bag last week when temperatures were in the 60’s. But still, I’m really starting to hate this company.

  • This may be a little late, but I had to comment about Anna Nicole’s funeral. Am I the only one who thought that this may have been a little excessive? I mean, not only having a country music singer perform at this event, but to release a bunch of white doves as well? I thought we only lost a bimbo, not a deity. Things like this tend to bug me.
  • So, apparently Allen Iverson is causing trouble in Denver now – so much so that Carmelo Anthony might get benched. This cat is some kind of team wrecker, isn’t he? Maybe Allen should change his last name to Owens. But, here’s the irony – what if the Sixers somehow happened to back their way into the playoffs, AND Denver tanks and misses the playoffs? I wonder what Iverson’s defense about this would be.
  • I just switched cable companies (and phone and internet) from Comcast to RCN. I found it humorous how Comcast has been calling me all week trying to make these spectacular offers to get me back. Where the hell were you guys when I was complaining about the high prices a few months ago? Funny how priorities change when you remove their power.
    I got a kick out of reading about how some far-right groups do not want Giuliani to be the Republican choice to run for president in 2008 because he is divorced. I try never to reveal my political affiliation, mainly because I agree/disagree with both sides on issues, and more importantly, I think they are for the most part scum-bags. But, this one killed me. I’m surprised these lunatics haven’t gotten Pat Robertson into the White House yet.
  • Does every Chevy commercial have to be annoying?

12 comments:

Steph said...

I couldn't get over the coffin with the rhinestone blanket!

This saga is going to drag on and on and on.

Gaby Hess said...

All Chevy commercials have to suck-it's the law.

Ink and Stone said...

You love Home Depot and you know it.

The press is treating Anna Nicole like she was some goddess... she was nothing more than a no-talent addict with big tits and an annoying personality, not something to glorify.

A.I.? T.O.? You never let it rest, do you?? ;-P

I checked on RCN in my area, all they offer up there is dial-up service. Sadness. I would so love to tell Comcast to go suck it.

The only good politician is a dead politician. Populists unite!

Does EVERY car commercial have to be annoying? Seeing a truck stop just before going into a canyon is not going to make me buy that truck. I mean, after all, there are SO many canyons for me to avoid on my daily drives.

The Rev said...

We just told comcast to go to hell. We're getting RCN in tghe new place.

And Comcast tried to lower their rates for us. And they were still higher than RCN.

I almost told the comcast guy to fuck off.

El Padrino said...

this is ouuuurrr country!!!!

Giuliani for prez!!!

El Padrino said...

steph get off the phone

Superstar said...

~rolls eyes~
DID you see that Mr*ahem* Senator John McCain is running??? BEANS AND RICE!!!
As if my Libertarian choices were not cut off at the knees already with Hillary and Mr Osboamam...Whats' his name...

OMG finally someone I can Banter w/ about thei whole Anna thing...OMG! Seriously...We saw less to do when Princess Di passed and SHE was FAR more deserving than this Anna tramp...Media...What a racket eh?

OMG It is 80 here in Phx (not that I am braging) but, totally forgot about cold~shivers~ weather...
Which reminds me..Are you watching that TV series "Jericho"? Anyway, if you have "salt" you are RICH$$$$ It just reminded me of that scene....
Have a great weekend!

Jeff said...

Home Despot: Does Hill's Hardware sell salt? Oh, and "capitalism at its best" means you punish Home Despot for its price gouging by shopping elsewhere.

Anna Nicole: She wasn't just a bimbo -- she was a bimbo with big fake tits. Actually, her latest overexposure is probably a sign that something's going right in Iraq.

Iverson: What part of this is surprising? His only success has been when everyone else deferred to him.

Cable: Does this mean you'll now get a matching ass dent in your other car?

Presidential politics: Every group wants its candidates to be ideologically pure, so they can't win a general election. Righty religious groups like Pat Robertson. Lefty religious groups and race-baiters want Al Sharpton. Cheese-Eatin' Surrender Monkeys love Dennis Kucinich. None will ever win the White House. The public just wants Presidential Height.

Chevy ads: This is OOOUUURRRRRRRRRRRR country!

Los said...

Steph - The comparisons to Marilyn Monroe are ludicrous.

Cath - I don't like any of the Chevy commercials. They play a part in me never buying one of their vehicles.

Ink - I will never rest with A.I., T.O., and Bonds ... NEVER!

Rev - Nice work!!

ElP - I would consider voting for Rudi.

Superstar - It was in the mid 60's today in Philly!

Jeff - Well said. I agree with all the points.

ToddPacker said...

RUDI

Fairmaiden327 said...

Steph, Los, EP and you Los - email me at fairmaiden327@gmail.com your email addresses. Mom found blog, had to make private.

Mama en Fuego said...

Yes because Chevy sucks big donkey dick.