Monday, June 18, 2007

Cleveland Really Does Rock!


Well, I survived Cleveland … in all seriousness though, what a great town! It is very clean, and is small enough that you can walk just about anywhere. Plus, it is very reasonably priced. Just a few highlights from our trip:

* Did you know that Cleveland has the country’s 34th biggest airport? Seriously, they promote this.

* The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is really cool … shame that Philly and its unions screwed this one up. Big victory for Cleveland.

* The entire city was pretty bummed with the Cavs getting swept in the NBA finals. They really loved the fact that I was asking if anybody had extra tickets for game 5. They really got annoyed when I said, “If the Cavs can win game 5, the first 4 games won’t matter.”

* Christie’s was our gentleman’s club of choice … thanks to my one friend’s ability to find free passes online. One problem though – the service charge for an ATM in this place was $12 … don’t ask me how I know this.

* A cool bar to visit in Cleveland is called Little Jimmy’s. They had great food, good music, good prices, and great employees. We couldn’t ask for anything more.

* Jacobs field is a great venue to watch baseball. It was a shame that the Tribe lost to the Braves. We still had a lot of fun.

* The Residence Inn was where we stayed – right in the center of the city, and really nice rooms. Plus, they had a complimentary breakfast, and although there was no bacon included, we still enjoyed this.

* Another cool bar to visit is the Map Room … just don’t go there if you are in the mood for anything to eat but pizza … I warned you.

13 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice shirt, there. You must have royally pissed off the locals as the Evil Drew Carey.

Glad you had a good time.

We may also go there this summer -- Elena's brother goes to Michigan State, and Cleveland is a decent half-way stopping point.

ToddPacker said...

you guys must have has some pretty bad gas.... it looks like no one wanted to sit near you

Crassius Maximus said...

Gigging the Cav fans eh, Philly fan? You guys would go down to the hospital and cheer for cancer. Nice. The crack about the first 4 not mattering was genius tho'.

El Padrino said...

solid.

nice hat

snowelf said...

Hi Los!

The 34th largest! Really!
Dude, I'd so be bragging, too.

Glad you had a great trip!!

--snow

minijonb said...

atm? what, you didn't bring a stack of bills with you to the club? poor prep work there.

sounds like a great trip.

Los said...

Jeff - Cleveland's nice. I'd recommend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a definite must see.

TP - Oh, we had plenty of bad gas - wings, pizza, chipwich - not a good combo.

Crass - Hey, our Philadelphia Kixx won the indoor soccer championship ... we can brag a little.

ElP - Free giveaway ... it was hot and sunny and I would've burnt what was left of my scalp.

Snowelf - they have classic little brother syndrome.

Mini - Oh, I did ... just not enough, apparently.

-B- said...

Free? You mean they didn't pay YOU to wear that hat? lol (I have one too.)

Glad you had a great trip. Post some more pics if you can.

Ken said...

Sounds like a great time Los.

Eric said...

Sounds like a pretty good time, maybe I'll have to get my friends to revive our ill-fated trip. Cleveland definitely has an image problem because I've heard it's pretty crappy. And I live in Baltimore. I'm sure Cleveland appreciates you helping to dispel that myth.

Mama en Fuego said...

no Bacon? What kind of shit is that???

Christina_the_wench said...

Lived there for 5 years. Man, I need to get back there and party.

Superstar said...

#1. Is your friend single?!?!?! ~shakes hands~ Yowza!
#2. $12???????
WTF?!?!?!?!
Seriously?!?!?!?
Good Gravey!