Monday, June 04, 2007

I Got Your Low Car Diet Right Here!




This past Saturday was my 35th birthday, and … oh man … I’m crossing into a new marketing demographic now … sigh! However, leave it to me to welcome in such a traumatic situation with style … mainly a keg party with burgers, dogs, wings … and of course friends and family (and whoever else decided to show up). First and foremost, let me once again thank all that attended for helping me to celebrate such a momentous occasion.

Next, let me highlight some of the moments of the afternoon/evening/night/early morning:

* First, I barbecued for around 3 hours … sure, I started off sober, but that’s not how I finished … somehow I only burnt myself one time. And thankfully, it was extremely hot and humid … just good times all around.


* My brother brought over his Baggo game … I think they changed the original name of it, as the true name of the game is “Corn-Hole.” And, no … this wasn’t some weird sex party …


* I got a lot of really cool gifts … lots of liquor and beer, the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time book, and Guitar Heroes 2 for Playstation 2 … if you haven’t played this, you must stop reading this blog right now, go to the nearest Best Buy, and try it out … we ended up playing this for the better part of 4 hours towards the end of the night/beginning of the morning … not an easy task whilst intoxicated.


* A good cheese to put on burgers is Pepperjack … it works much better than American cheese.
I had to wake up bright and early the next morning to pick up my parents … this in itself was a feat of strength … I think.


* People were upset that I didn’t cook up any ribs, like the ones I had last year … truthfully, I forgot all about them … didn’t realize that they were so popular … they’ll be back next year.


19 comments:

snowelf said...

ROFL!! Did you get that apron for your b-day?! That's great!

What a great way to celebrate your birthday, Los. And you got great gifts too. I have heard a lot of good stuff about Guitar Heroes.

You want to bring the Mrs. and come BBQ for mine in August? My brother is a cheesemaker so I'll get him to bring the pepperjack. AND we have lots of beer here! :)

--snow

Jeff said...

"Your Low Car Diet"?

But thanks for having us. Had a good time. Even if you're a little too enthusiastic about Cornhole after your trip to San Francisco.

mollymcmo said...

looks like a good time!
if peeps wanted ribs, they should have brought some. was your bday afterall!
you look like you'd be the life of the party, although you should have bbq'ed naked, that would have been the best. in your birthday suit for you birthday :)

m

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

sirgeb said...

For those of you wanting to be a part of the phenomenon sweeping the nation:

http://www.playcornhole.org/

El Padrino said...

nice backyard
i gotta get me one of those

happy 35th wise man

Mama en Fuego said...

Sounds like an awesome party, sorry I couldn't crash it.

Christina_the_wench said...

Happy belated Los! Lovely frock you are sporting. lol

Sounds like you had a great time.

Eric said...

At 26 one of mine main fears is that myself and all of my friends will start to "slow down", things will become boring, and life will be less fun. It's nice to know that doesn't necessarily happen.

Mama en Fuego said...

Maybe that's supposed to say "I got your low Kah diet right here."

Superstar said...

I want that apron!

Great post. You are the "perfect" chef! Look at y'all eating.

YEAHHHHH RIBS!!!
~licks lips~
Suddenly I am very hungry.

Ken said...

Noooooooo!!!! You turned 35.

minijonb said...

mmm... pepperjack... los! look what you've done!!!

seriously, congrats!

ToddPacker said...

pepperjack... good stuff


35 was a little over a year ago for me...36 doesn't feel any better... it does sting a little moving into another demographic

-B- said...

I'm right there with you skating into that new demographic - Los and I are one day apart! I had a blast, and those Pepperjack burgers were fantastic!
Remember all, we get better with age!

Oh, and yes, go out and buy yourselves GUITAR HERO II - it is a must-have. Shred-a-licious! Finally beat the game on medium!! Wahoo!

Crassius Maximus said...

I turned 38 on Memorial Day, holmes. Happy Birthday!

Los said...

SNow - WOw, an invite to your BBQ? That would be interesting!

Jeff - Woops

Molly - Yeah, but I kicked butt with the ribs last year ... can't leave anybody disappointed.

Sir Geb - Next time I'll get a better partner ... that's what she said.

ELP - Backyards are nice ... that's what he said...

Mama - If you were in the area, I would've welcomed the crashing!

Christina - the apron made my day!

Eric - I don't know if this makes me a degenerate or not.

Superstar - next year, ribs will be back on the menu by popular demand!

Reverse - sad but true!

Minijonb - I should do a post about different toppings for burgers!

TP - Eh, 36 is the new 35.

B - What a dope I am ... I forgot your b-day was a day after mine! Happy B-day, man!

Crass - 38 is the new ... eh, you get the idea ...

Superstar said...

I am bookin' my flight!
~licks lips~
I LOVE Ribs!