• I was saddened by the death of Tim Russert … it’s not that I watched Meet the Press a lot or anything, but he seemed like a guy who was respected by both parties (a rarity). The good news is, if anybody wants to do a movie on Russert, Randy Quaid is a spitting image of the guy.
• I just heard a remake of 99 Red Balloons by another one of these Emo bands/flavors of the week – I think their name is Goldfinger – I normally hate these bands and the remakes they do, but this one was actually pretty creative, considering they used both the German and English lyrics in the song. Sure, it sounded like every other emo song out there, but still …
• Can’t wait for my cell phone contract to expire – less than 1 month, baby! My cell screen is basically a crap-shoot at this point – sometimes I get text, sometimes a white screen … this phone is about to pull a “Russert” on me … wait, is it to soon? I think we’ve narrowed the selection to staying with AT&T or going to Verizon … I really like that Verizon Glide cell phone.
• Tiger Woods won the U.S. Open, basically doing so with only one working knee … this guy is not only the best golfer ever, but he may end up dominating a sport like nobody else has ever done … but still, I’m getting sick of him. I think he’s becoming really arrogant … not that he has any reason not to (wait, is that a double-negative) – I mean, he has close to a Kajillion dollars, the second hottest wife ever (of course, my wife is the hottest), and an amazing house. He probably shits arrogance. Of course, I’m also always rooting for the underdog – like when I used to watch Wide World of Sports and would always root for Minnesota Fats to upset Willie Mosconi in billiards, but I digress …
• My friend Anthony got married this weekend, and despite the circumstances (read previous post) things went very well. It was a very elegant wedding and reception – the food was outstanding, and the weather was great. Everybody pulled together and made sure that Anthony and his family had a great time – I’m proud of everyone there. Schue (my wife) and I actually went down to Atlantic City Thursday night, and got a great room comped at Caesar’s, and really had a great weekend … shame it went by so quickly.
Chocolate Cherry Cha Cha Cocktail
3 days ago