Thursday, April 13, 2006

Random Summery Thoughts

1. A new Chick Fil-A opened right across the street from the office I work in. I love Chick Fil-A. I mean, I LOVE Chick Fil-A. Now, they’ve built one so close, that I can practically smell the grilled flesh while reading my e-mails. However, even though they gave us free breakfast coupons for visiting on the first day, they still insist on filling the cup with more ice than the Arctic Ocean.

2. I hate to complain, but I have two traffic-related issues to “discuss.” First, the construction on I-95 is getting ridiculous. I’m guessing it is warranted, and the time it is taking to fix whatever the situation is, is justified. But, closing one lane each way just past the International Airport for more than 5 months is a little excessive in my opinion (maybe, I view it this way BECAUSE I NEED TO TAKE THIS ROUTE TO AND FROM WORK EVERY FRICKIN’ DAY AND IT ADDS ANYWHERE FROM 10 MINUTES TO 45 MINUTES TO MY COMMUTE EVERY SINGLE DAY). There is also another road construction “issue” at 4th and Market Street, right by the FOX studios in Olde City. They have had one of the lanes closed off for about 1 full year now, and traffic is not only stifling around there, but it is more dangerous than a pit bull with a headache. Now, I know this one shouldn’t have taken this long, and I’m guessing it is because the city is involved with it (things just same to take longer when the city is involved). I HATE construction.

3. I grilled hot dogs and burgers for the first time this year a few days ago. Let me tell ya, there’s nothing like a grilled dog or burger on a beautiful Spring day. It’s like sign that the cold days of winter are gone for good (at least until next winter). I can’t wait to start grilling chicken, steak, burgers, dogs, potatoes, corn, and any other cool concoction (even seafood). Bring on the beautiful summer days filled with the smell of burning charcoal, and freshly cut grass.

4. Summer also means changing alcohol drinking to some sweeter-tasting drinks – such as Corona (with a lime), Long Island Iced Teas, and even those Smirnoff fruity drinks (for the women … I would never drink any drink that wasn’t a manly drink … cough, cough).

1 comment:

The Rev said...

1. I heard that people were waiting all night for the free ChickFilA meals for a year. Im considering doing this when they open the one on Mac Dade Blvd in Ridley sometime in the near future.

2. Would hopping off for 291, taking the Platt Bridge, then taking 76E to the Walt Whitman Bridge in the morning help you to avoid 95 in the morning? Just wondering.

3. Thanks Karl. I just gained 5 pounds reading that post.

4. Nothing wrong with a good Long Island Iced Tea.