Thursday, May 18, 2006

More and More Useless Info

1. The much anticipated release of the on-screen version of The DaVinci Code is taking place this Friday to much fanfare and also much protest. First of all, I think people have to realize that this is just a movie – take it for what it is. For those who believe in all of the “facts” of the movie, do us all a favor and stick your finger in a light socket - we’ll let you know when to pull it out. Sure, you can use the middle one – that would be the one I’m giving you right now.

2. Let me tell you, it is hard to be a Philly sports fan, especially when both the NBA and NHL playoffs are producing some of the best games in recent memory.

3. So, what is the deal with 2-hour season finales for all T.V. shows now? I’m not complaining, especially when I get twice as much “24,” and “Lost.” I’m just wondering if this is just a fad, or if this has been an ongoing occurrence – You see, I haven’t really followed many TV shows in recent years, so I may have missed this. Will and Grace is two hours, and normally this show is only ½ hour. Is this fair? Will we be spared an extra hour of American Idol?

4. I hate Honda. Not because of their cars – those are actually well-built. But, I hate Honda because of their new ad campaign for their new car, the Fit. The slogan is, “The Fit is Go!” First, it makes no sense. Look, I know that this is a typical Japano-translation error that has now become trendy. I guess trendy passed me by, because I find it more annoying than anything. The worst part is, much like Achy Breaky Heart, the venom sticks in your head, even though you try and try to rip it out.

5. I saw a segment on a local news show about annoying coworkers the other day. Some of the obvious items that were discussed were loud coworkers, nosy coworkers, and coworkers with annoying cell phone rings. Believe me, all of those coworkers are present in the office I work in. But, let me add a few more – I hate coworkers who “lurk.” These ones will float behind you without you even noticing them. They will sit there until you acknowledge their existence and talk to them. Additionally, I hate the brown-noser/tattle-tale types – I don’t think we have any here, but I’ve had experiences with them in the past.

6 comments:

Ink and Stone said...

1. I agree. It's just a friggin' movie. Even though, the church does tend to see things their own way. (They didn't accept Galileo was right until 1980. 1980!!!!!! Hello? Hey church, you fuckers ARE fallible.)

2. But it's easy NOT to be a Philly sports fan, or any sports for that matter.

3. 2 HRs. of LOST! Whooohoo!

4. Yeah, I hate stupid ads too.
Here's a better one for the Fit:
"Fit, for all the fat bastards in the US"

5. I'm not an annoying co-worker Karl! That's mean! And yes, I DESPISE "lurking" co-workers too.
Know what else I don't like about certain co-workers? Their bald spots! Sheeesh, get a wig already, You're blinding me! Errrr... sorry Karl.

The Rev said...

What exactly constitutes an annoying cell phone ring? Because I may have several.

Los said...

TChances are that the more frequently the phone rings, the more annoying the cell phone ring is.

Ken said...

#5

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

El Padrino said...

I'm catholic and i dont care if some guy who wrote a book says Jesus was married. Im going to see the movie regardless because I want to be entertained. That's the purpose of a movie. I hate people. They've become so stupid.

Mama en Fuego said...

Annoying Co-Workers: You missed the annoying co-worker who:

A. Picks her nose right in front of you in the kitchen.

B. Tells you all about her painful hemmeroids. TMI!!

C. Runs down the hall to ask if you got the e-mail she just sent you 30 seconds ago and you haven't even had a chance to read because for the love of God you're WORKING!