Monday, May 08, 2006

New Jersey Slogan Ideas

So, I read somewhere that New Jersey is scrapping their state slogan – “Come See For Yourself.” This is the second motto change in two years. Hell, they’re changing slogans faster than I read books. I find it funny and relevant, mainly because I work in New Jersey. I also have a few friends who have recently (within the past 5-6 years) moved to New Jersey, so I do get to visit the state … probably more than I want to.

Anyway, I figured, since they are probably looking for a new slogan, maybe I or my two or three readers could help the state out. I already gave one suggestion on my other blog (losrulz.blogspot.com) – “Still One of the Fifty States.” But, I really want to deliver a bunch of ideas for the State to work with. So, without further ado, here is my top ten list of slogan ideas for New Jersey:

1. The Only State Crazy Enough to Use Jug-Handles Excessively.
2. A Little Taste of the South Up North.
3. That Small Strip of Land Between New York and Philly.
4. What’s That Smell? Come See For Yourself (a takeoff on the last slogan).
5. Should We Change Our Name to Atlantic City?
6. Hey, Nobody Watched the Miss America Pageant Anyway.
7. You Should See Who We Elected This Time.
8. Vegas, Schmegas
9. Pull My Finger
10. You Wants Tomatoes? We Got Your Tomatoes Right Here.

4 comments:

The Rev said...

I liked #10 the best.

Some ideas...

1. Kiss her where it smells... take her to New Jersey. (From George Carlin)

2. We are the corn in the crap.

3. It's like living in Philadelphia and New York at the same time.

4. Register your car here for the insurance rates... just like your dad did.

5. Our car state inspections are much easier than PA.

6. We don't live in towns, we live off of parkway exits.

7. All the beauty of a diner waitress at 3 am.

8. New Jersey... it's Trump-tastic!

The Rev said...

Just thought of two more...

9. We can't decide which sports team to root for, so we just root for them all.

10. Plenty of room for a Stanley Cup championship parade in our parking lots.

Ink and Stone said...

My idea:

1. New Jersey! We don't know how to drive in bad weather!

2. Remember that crippled, retarded kid in your high school class? Yeah, that's us to the rest of the states.

3. New Jersey! Where STD is a way of life!

4. More people per square mile than anywhere in the country!

5. New Jersey! Where it's not uncommon to sleep with the fishes.
(You dirty rat)

6. New Jersey! The dumpster of New York!

7. Toxic pollution? We call it 'flavor'!

8. New Jersey! We used to be 'Old Jersey' but we spilled beer on it.

9. New Jersey! Land of strip malls and diners!

10. New Jersey. Your mom.

Mama en Fuego said...

I'm particularly fond of "You came, you saw, now go the fuck home."

With a close runner up of:

"Fuckin' Mooo"