Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Typical Philly Sports

What a depressing time to be a Philadelphia sports fan. I was going to say that it is almost as bad as being a Los Angeles Clippers fan, but even they made it to the second round this year. This is probably why the following event irked me the other day. I was driving home from work on I-95, passing the stadiums, when I saw a billboard from the Philadelphia 76ers that said “Thank You.” The Sixers had one of their worst seasons in recent memory, and the moves that the front office made this season practically insure that we will have a few more seasons of the same ineptitude. Since, the billboard’s message was so awful, I figured I’d give the Sixers 10 other messages that they can replace this with:

10.We’re Sorry
9. Practice? We’re Talkin’ About Practice?
8. By the End of the Summer, You’ll Forget How Bad It Really Was.
7. Hey, Who Doesn’t Like Lotteries Anyway?
6. We Promise We’ll Do What the Phillies Did With Wade if You Promise to Buy Tickets.
5.Yeah, But What About Our Cool Mascot?
4. Don’t Worry. We Have Isaiah Thomas on Speed Dial.
3.At Least We’re Better Than 1972’s Team
2.Pat Croce, You Have Our Number.
Passion. Pride. Puhlease! (Thanks to Smokin’ Steve)


Speaking of which, I figured I’d Prognosticate as to what Bobby Clarke will do this offseason:

1.. Since Steve Yzermann is retiring from Detroit (most likely), he will now be “ready” to play for the Flyers.
2. Dominik Hasek is 43 – he may be too young to play goalie for the Flyers.
3. Plans to increase Hitchcock’s calorie count – he was a much better coach when he was fat.
4. Thinking about calling Kjell Samuelsson up, he was the tallest and slowest defensemen we ever had.5. Sign Desjardains to a 5-year contract, because he liked the slow-ness.

3 comments:

The Rev said...

I like the Pat Croce one too.

I'm telling you... this guy Hal Gill would be perfeect for the Flyers. His link http://www.bostonbruins.com/team/playerinfo.asp?playerid=273

Here's the basic stats...

31 years old, 6'7", 255 lbs

80 games last year... 1 goal, 9 assists, 10 points, -4 rating

Perfect for Bob Clarke, eh?

Los said...

That is a perfect Clarke pickup. In fact, I'd be shocked if he wasn't wearing the orange and black next season.

Ink and Stone said...

Aw.... somebody needs a hug!