20 Things I Hate:
1. That many restaurants only offer home fries as a side for breakfast dishes – I hate home fries. I think they are purely filler, because restaurants don’t want to give us a plate full of just eggs and meat. I propose that ALL restaurants give you a choice of sides in addition to the home fry, such as French fries, hush puppies, tater tots, or grits. This would make me a happy camper.
2. Philly Radio sucks – If you are looking for cool new modern rock music, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for Zeppelin, Metallica, Ozzy, and Audioslave, you’ll hear one of these groups about every 5 minutes. It’s sickening.
3. I will agree with all the other bloggers with regards to the lack of use of turn signals. I especially hate it with people who are making left-hand turns! Frustrates the hell out of me – I’m sorry, not all of us have developed ESP.
4. The WNBA – no offense to the ladies, but I would rather watch golf, than watch women repeatedly miss layups (I get that enough with the Sixers).
5. People Who Buy Hummers in and around Philadelphia. Are you guys and gals serious????? Are there really that many hills and mountains in the city? If so, I must be missing them. All I know is that they clog up the streets, and guzzle the gas. I hope that all of you who thought you were cool when you bought the Hummer are now pissed that it costs you $379 everytime you have to fill up your tank.
6. These companies that are masking their telemarketing efforts via these “hey, just calling to see how you are doing” phone calls. My cable company has started doing this – I know what you are up to, you maggots! Knock it off!
7. NASCAR – I’ll never figure it out.
8. How Brad Gilbert got another TV show after Everybody Loves Raymond ended. How did this show stay on the air so long? Who was the guy in charge that said, “Yes, we need to give Brad his own show, he deserves it?” How does this guy still have a job?
9. American Idol – Why do you lemmings continue to watch this show? Are you that obsessed with wedding singers?
10. The Phillies Ownership – seriously guys, just sell the team. Nobody trusts you, likes you, nor sympathizes with your phony plight. You’ve made all the money you can, and you’re going to start losing money soon, if you continue to take that giant dump on the field like you have in recent years.
11. Barry Bonds – Please, leave us and our baseball records alone, you big-headed cancer.
12. Ham – I can’t stand it! If you are making ham for dinner and inviting me over, please (a) have some standby food item, or (b) don’t invite me (I won’t mind).
13. Paris Hilton – Now it’s music. When will we get to see her wafy body on a movie screen (and not in a porno house)?
14. High Gas Prices – I’m not sure who to blame, and I know there are many suspects, but I just can’t stand these high prices. I’d rather spend the money on booze.
15. Ladies wrestling on the WWE – Look, I know that many of these women are very talented and very beautiful, but it really is a dropoff, when the ladies are out there wrestling (especially if the clothes stay on). They should be relegated to managing wrestlers.
16. QVC – You may have read my blog entry from a few posts ago. This is what happens when I don’t get my microwave!
17. TV commercials that aren’t funny – If you want me to pay attention to your product, then you better make me laugh. I don’t like your serious Allstate commercials with Cerano from Major League, and I don’t like your poor attempts at humor (Miller Lite and Taco Bell). Make me laugh, dammit!!!!
18. That construction going on right near the airport on I-95 and also the construction going on at 5th and Market Street (in and near Philly). Guys, it’s been over a year (actually, closer to 2 years with 5th and Market). Skyscrapers get built in less time. What the hell is your problem?
19. T.O. – Instant Karma will get you, Mr. Owens. And when it does, you better have a shovel with you, because it’s gonna take you months to dig your way out from under that big steamy pile of sh*t.
20. George Steinbrenner – he single-handedly ruined baseball for many cities (like Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc.) with his bottomless pocket-book. Actually, I’m probably more jealous than mad – the ownership in Philly is a travesty.
By the way, I'll tag Reverse and Ink and Stone for this one. Your turn, boys!