Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snickers Satisfies?

So, the Snickers commercial during the Super Bowl with the two auto-mechanics accidentally kissing, and proving that they are indeed men and not gay by ripping out clumps of chest hair has been pulled by the company. The reason – apparently some gay activist groups complained that this ad displayed homosexuals in a bad light.

I got news for you, ladies. The truth is that your complaints about these commercials have put you in a bad light. Seriously, do you really think that this commercial made us think of you less? When I watched it, I thought it was downright funny, never once thinking to myself, “Those pillow-biters are probably really embarrassed by this one.” Nope, I took the commercial at face value. If anything, the complaints have altered my thoughts about whether or not homosexuals even have a sense of humor.

Secondly, by complaining about this, and making this a rather large news story, gay rights activists have successfully helped Snickers get TONS of free advertising. Way to go, dolls. Your nagging has brought more light to this commercial, and now you have many more people eagerly looking this commercial up on the internet, because of your dim-witted protests. I’m not so sure that the company that makes Snickers wasn’t in on this, paying these brainless groups to complain so that they COULD get more bang for their bucks.

Obviously, these short-sighted organizations didn’t pay much attention to that whole Cartoon-Network “fiasco” that occurred last week in Boston, and how much publicity their controversial little tactic received. When you lodge idiotic complaints like this, you seriously hamper everyone’s ability to take you seriously … hopefully, someday you’ll realize this.

12 comments:

Jeff said...

Just wondering: exactly how many slurs can you fit in one post? (Probably a lot more if you really tried.)

So yet another Professionally Outraged Group has no sense of humor -- shocking! This is ooooouuuurrrrrrrrrr country.

El Padrino said...

we all know things are out of hand with all the "activists" making noise abotu every burp and fart

who doesnt get offended now adays
it's disgusting

Eric said...

That's definitely a good point, that commercial was at the beginning of the game and I had completely forgetton about by have time and only remember now because some aholes are complaining.

Mama en Fuego said...

I've heard more about that fucking commercial than I did about who won the Superbowl.

I am offended by their offendedness, I'm going to write to the ACLU

Kristin said...

Man, I am going to have get myself over to You Tube and see what all the uproar is about!

Los said...

Jeff - I have never loved Mellancamp as much as I do now.

ElP - Before you know it, all commercials will be like those boring Chevy commercials.

Eric - Snickers is really doing well now.

DB - I have a feeling that the ACLU is already fighting on the Gay Rights' side.

Kristin - See? It's spreading!

Los said...

Just to make things clear, I am certainly not against anybody's sexual choices (with the exception of kids and animals, that's just gross).

Ink and Stone said...

Meh, I'd rather eat a Butterfinger anyway.

The Rev said...

Oh come on Los...

like you've never bitten a pillow.

I thought you practiced your third base technique on a pillow.

Superstar said...

I guess I must have had *hiccup* one shot too many by then...I have no memory of that commercial!
Whatever you do ~looks around~ do not order a "german chocolate cake shot" OMG
I wish I had NEVER been introduced!!!

snowelf said...

oh, super--that sounds nummy!

Hey ya Los. :) Apparently I DO live in a frozen tundra. I didn't hear a thing about that commercial until your blog. I missed the very beginning of the super bowl, though. I missed the doritos one too.
I am thinking about starting a stick removal company for all the people with sticks up their asses.

have a great weekend,
--snow

mollymcmo said...

i like snickers. snickers is yummy, i think its because of the peanuts. anything that has nuts in it is my kinda thing ;)

m