Sunday, October 05, 2008

Congrats - Ray and Christa


The Man of the Hour ...

Just wanted to give a shout-out to my close friend Ray-Ray and his new wife, Christa. Truthfully, I never thought you'd ever get hitched, but Christa was somehow able to look past all of your flaws ... either that, or the drugs haven't worn off yet (just kidding, of course!). You couldn't ask for a better day for a wedding, and if that's a sign, then your marriage should be VERY successful and happy!

The reception was an absolute blast ... but, what else would you expect? The dinner was excellent, the reception hall was elegant, and of course the alcohol was plentiful ... probably not the best decision to switch from beer to Captain and Cokes (and quite a few of them), as was evidenced by my dance on the dance floor during It's Raining Men ... but I digress ...

In all seriousness, Ray-Ray, I've known you since I was 1 (I would've known you longer, but I was born a year ahead of you). My mom babysat you for those first 4 years, so you were (and still are) like a brother to me. Sure, we hit some bumpy patches in high school, but even two stubborn jerks like us were able to put all that nonsense behind us and become close friends again. Being part of your wedding was a real honor for me.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but your new wife Christa is beautiful, both inside and out, and there's no way you could've ever done better than her. You two begin your journey together today - and I sincerely hope that you two love each other a little more with every passing day.

Congratulations!

9 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats to your friends... Do you have a video of your dance to "it's raining men"? Would make a great post!!!!

Crassius Maximus said...

C'mon, dawg, "It's raining men"?

I can't really say anything tho', since I like Seal.

schue said...

let's not forget about my fabulous shoes I wore. You're sweet honey!!!

-B- said...

Great post Los - everyone needs friends like you and Ray!
(I would love to see that dance footage - tell
em Sunshine!)

Heff said...

So did anyone hurl Beer and The Captain ?

El Padrino said...

your a sweet man Los

Ken said...

Ray-Ray Hi five on the wedding. Now it's time for the honey... giggdy.

Rhea said...

What a sweet tribute/message to your friend and his new wife!

Los said...

Sunshine - I hope that video does NOT exist!

Crass - Alcohol is a funny thing..

Schue - Umm ... yeah!

B - Hey, close friends are important to me!

Heff - no hurling ... I probably should've, though!

ElP - Don't spread that around, I have an image to uphold!

Reverse - Hey-yo!

Rhea - Awww ... shucks!