Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hollow-ween

As many of you know, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays ... from the time I was a little tyke dressed in a cheap Fred Flinstone smock soliciting neighbors/strangers for candy, I've had a "connection." Unfortunately, last year, I was unable to attend a Halloween party - I was busy watching Penn State get crushed by Ohio State in State College.

I was hoping to make up for it this year - my idea was to dress and act like Dwight Schrute (of Office fame). I had the short sleeves shirts ready - my mom ended up trying to salvage some of my work shirts (they had holes in them at the elbows - apparently I either have sharp elbows or skin like sandpaper).

At one point, we were considering having the Halloween party, but because we wanted to redo our basement, we couldn't host. A couple of other friends considered having said party, but for one reason or other, those plans fell through ... so for the second straight year, I won't be going to a Halloween party ... sigh.

11 comments:

Angie said...

We can have our own Halloween blog party???

Jeff said...

Your mom still dresses you? (Then again, I haven't dressed up for Halloween in over 5 years.)

Anonymous said...

I'm with sunshine... we should have our own blog Halloween party! As long as I can go as Pippy Longstockings I'm in. :-)

Los said...

OK - I'm game ... how would we do this?

Sandi said...

Please, please, please if you have a party, invite me. I LOVE Halloween. I miss Babspeapods parties.

Every year, I would race home from work and put on my pumpkin costume to answer the door.

My husband would just roll his eyes and put up with it. He didn't share the same enthusiasm for Halloween.

Paige Jennifer said...

Eh, hosting parties requires cleaning up. I think going out is WAY more fun.

El Padrino said...

stop whining

Ink and Stone said...

No Halloween parties for me either, Los, it's a conspiracy I tell you!

Anonymous said...

well, someone would need to host the party... to put everyone's link up. and anyone that was to participate would just link back to them.

You could:
tell a Halloween or ghost story,
decorate your blog,
play spooky music,
display all manner of pictures, your carved pumpkins, costumes, anything!

schue said...

honey, we can have our own party!
i'll make ghoulish drinks and we can dance to thriller.

Melissa said...

Well, at least Penn State is making up for it this year, huh??