Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yep ... I'm sore.

Saturday was the day we began the excruciating process of putting drywall up in our basement.

* It is of vital importance to have friends who are handy.
* I am not one of those handy people.
* Drywall cutting creates a lot of dust.
* Putting drywall up is only one part of the project.
* I can't thank my friends enough for all their help this weekend.

When we complete the basement, I'll take some pictures - give you a before and after view of it.

Since I'm exhausted, I'll share this pic that my friend Yon sent me:

11 comments:

snowelf said...

Let's hear it for great friends!!

And I'm glad none of your friends are in jail. ;)

--snow

Heff said...

I'm doing a little home improvement myself. Interior painting, and staining that new deck of mine. I'm sore as well.

The Rev said...

I wish I were handy.

I know nothing of drywall.

Sandi said...

I was very impressed that you were doing the work yourself.

Great finally meeting you in person.

schue said...

I'm exhausted - but it's gonna look good! I cant wait to sand and spackle and sand and clean up all the dust and prime and paint. i'm tired just thinking about it.

Ken said...

Tapeing the corners and sanding them down... not so much fun.

Good luck.

El Padrino said...

i am handy

i've done drywall

Kristin said...

I am pretty sure drywalling is the the hell of contracting.

Jeff said...

Thankfully no Matt Stairs-like quote about hammering ...

Melissa said...

Oh how fun....You know drinking lots of beer helps the work get done quicker (not always as efficiently)!!

And heck yay--- Stay in Vegas, OJ!!!

Los said...

Snow - I couldn't do it without 'em!

Heff - I stained the deck last year ... we have lattice work, not fun at all!

Rev - that's why I didn't call ...

Sandi - Not by myself ... with friends who know what they're doing.

Schue - it's gonna look great!

Reverse - not fun at all - that's why we need woodwork!

ElP - If only you lived closer ...

Kristin - My dad is so handy ... and I'm not.

Jeff - Hey-yo!

Melissa - Sadly, the work gets sloppier ... sigh.