Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Homework ....

It's time for Mama Kat's weekly homework assignment ... I chose to blog about a time when I did something to get noticed ... this is actually a difficult one, because I'm always trying to do something to get noticed ... usually to no avail. With that said ...

This one time in high school (no, not band camp ... and no, not with a flute) ... actually, it was New Years Eve my senior year. I went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house ... well, more like an acquaintance ... but there were plenty of my friends there. I had drank on a couple of occasions previously, but never had a chance to drink on New Years Eve .... this was my opportunity ... and I wanted to make the most of it ... unfortunately, I got my wish.

I started off the night drinking some beer ... so far, so good ... but as luck would have it, the beer quickly ran out ... and we were stuck with vodka ... at this point in my life, I had pretty much stuck to beer ... and even more unfortunate ... I had never heard the "beer before liquor" phrase.

I started off by drinking vodka and orange juice ... heck, it's my mom's favorite drink ... then I switched to vodka and iced tea when the orange juice ran out ... and finally, I was tempted to drink vodka and milk, until some good samaritan stopped me.

I remember midnight, and I remember going downstairs to play pool ... I don't actually remember shooting pool ... which we apparently did for close to an hour ... and I certainly don't remember having a friend call my mom telling her I wouldn't be making it home that night ... and I REALLY don't remember throwing up all over myself, and the couch (probably a good thing).

Apparently, some people dragged me upstairs, threw me in the bathtub, and turned the water on ... some people at the party actually thought I might be dead ... thankfully, not the case. I learned a few valuable lessons that night ... first - beer before liquor, never sicker (check). Second, one must pace ones-self when one drinks liquor (check). Third, if you go out with the intention of getting drunk, you will succeed (oh hell yes).

Anyway, I guess I succeeded at getting noticed, as the stories spread through high school pretty quickly.

15 comments:

scargosun said...

Ahh! The trials of youth. ;)

Anonymous said...

ROFL...I was going to say the exact same thing that Scargosun said...but then she said it so how about DITTO?!;)

Casey's trio said...

Vodka with milk...that's one I've never seen or heard before and so glad you didn't go there. I watched many guys in high school go through this same learning process!

Denise said...

LMAO! Oh man...have I had nights like that! But Vodka with milk?? Now I must admit I am a milk-a-holic but to add vodka?? Oh hell no! LOL! Glad you actually didn't go "there"!

Melissa said...

This is too funny.... I guess you succeeded in being noticed...hope you weren't trying to impress any girls that night; and thank God you didn't try vodka and milk... yuck--the thought of that makes my tummy turn!! :)

Weeksie50 said...

I could never hold my liquor so drinking never appealed to me. I would have died if I tried all the concoctions you tried that night..

I for one am glad you didn't drown. Oh, and I can barely stomach milk.. adding vodka kinda makes it sound more appealing..just sayin.

Brandy said...

That was hillarious the things we do to look cool or not ... seriously though who though vodka and milk would be a good option I am glad someone stopped you cause I am pretty sure that would have turned out VERY BAD!

Jeff said...

Vodka + milk = White Russian w/o the coffee liqueur ... but surely the proportions were very wrong.

I would've guessed your "trying to get attention" story was when you spent a weekend in Cleveland dressed up as Drew Carey.

Becky said...

I never drank in high school and now... I know why :-p

Heff said...

I was never much of a "mixer". It was either liquor or beer, but never both.

Christina_the_wench said...

I cannot drink 7&7's for the same reason. *shivers* I can only imagine how that milk would have curdled in your stomach. Eww.

El Padrino said...

liquor before beer your in the clear

snowelf said...

My first high school drinking experience was with vodka. I was "the new girl" at the time.

It soon became known as the night of "Did you hear what Snow did with EricGeorge?"

Yea....I don't miss high school so much.

--snow

Superstar said...

LOL we all blog...duh, we all want to be noticed!!! HEHEHEHEHE

~puts hands on hips, shaking head~
MILK?????
MILK with Vodka?!?!?!?

*sigh*
Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the person who stopped you!!!

What a waste of vodka!! LOL

Glad you lived!!!

KatBouska said...

I think we all had to learn those lessons the hard way...I bet you were dying the next day.