It's time once again for Mama Kat's weekly homework assignment! Mama Kat actually has 6 prompts this week ... I'm so glad she added the last one - sharing a sleepwalking story. I used to sleepwalk a lot back in my younger years ... not sure why. I don't think I've sleep-walked in years, though. I figure I'd share a handful of sleepwalking stories that I remember (in no particular order):
1. One night, I went into my older brother's room, and asked if he'd like to throw the football around with me ... normally not a big deal ... however, this was at around 3:00 in the morning. My brother cursed me out and told me to go back to sleep.
2. Another time, I walked into my brother's room and asked if he could help me move the bed so I could play baseball ... again, he cursed me out and told me to go back to sleep.
3. I went into my mom's room one night, screaming that the storm-troopers were chasing me. She calmed me down and got me back into the comforts of my bed, and assured me the storm-troopers were not hiding out in my room. The next morning, she asked me if I remembered any of the "nightmare" I was having ... of course, I remembered none of it (This, apparently happened numerous times ... not the stormtrooper dream, but nightmares I had that I couldn't remember the next morning).
4. One time, I walked down the steps, walked outside, and started yelling for mom ... apparently, I had a dream that she ran away, or something like that ... mom once again, assured me that she had not run away and that I should go back to sleep.
5. Once, I got out of my bed, walked downstairs past my parents in the living room, and walked into the closet, and closed the door behind me. My parents were perplexed, and after I didn't come out after a few minutes, my mom opened the door to find me sleep-standing. She shepherded me back to my bed (like she did so many times).
Writing Prompts for 06.01
13 hours ago