I was tagged to do one of those "surveys," but this one is 51 questions long. For the sake of the blogging community, I am not going to tag anybody else, but I felt that it was worthwhile to answer the 51 (yeah, that's right, 51) questions anyway. You are more than welcome to answer 1, some, or all of these questions on my site (or your site) if you want, or make comments on my answers ... or do nothing at all. It's up to you ... aren't I great?
1. First name? Karl
2. Were you named after anyone? I don't think so. My middle name is Reiner, so I asked my parents if I was named after the comedian, and they said no. So ... how 'bout them Phillies?
3. Do you wish on stars? As a youngster, I probably wished on stars a few times ... I always gave them credit for getting me the Oscar the Grouch alarm clock.
4. When did you last cry? Phew, probably during a romantic comedy. Unfortunately, I am a sucker for some romantic comedies (Some Kind of Wonderful, Say Anything, Sleepless in Seattle). Actually, now that I think about it, I had some welling up in the eyes, when one of my best friends called this weekend and told me his older sister passed away ... tragic, she was far too young.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Oh Heavens no. I have seen chickens scratch more legibly.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Just regular turkey breast. If you smoke it, it starts tasting like ham, and that is just a crime.
7. What is your birth date? June 2, 1972 ... coincidentally, that is viewed as the greatest day the Earth has ever seen.
8. What is your most favorite album/CD? Rolling Stones - Some Girls. Every track is excellent, and it has a nice mix of rock, country, disco, a little punk, and some funk. Just a well-rounded album.
9. Favorite Jewelry not counting wedding/engagement ring and why? Outside of my wedding ring, I only really wear a watch, as far as jewelry is concerned. It is a cool Fossil Penn State watch, though.
10. Do you have a journal? I have a few blogs, so I guess these are like journals.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Um, well, if I have to answer this one for you, then you obviously have no clue who I am.
12. What are your nicknames? I've had a tone of them. My favorite is Los, but only a handful of people call me that still. Here are some others: Kaz, Stupid German, Old Blue Eyes, BOFBPOS (that one is a work one), Kraut, The Winner ... to name a few.
13. Would you bungee jump? Never thought about doing it. But, if given the choice, I’d probably do the plane jumping thing first.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I guess it depends on how lazy I feel at the moment. Why the hell do you care anyway?
15. Do you think that you are strong? I guess kind of. I wouldn’t call myself a body builder, or anything like that, but I can work all day moving stuff, and never tire (gotta be the German blood). Mentally, I’m strong, because I never give up.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, without a doubt. I don’t think a better flavor of ice cream is possible.
17. Shoe Size? 11 ½ (and you know what they say about a person’s shoe size, don’t ya … me neither).
18. Red or pink? If forced, I would say red, just because Santa Claus wears red, and I happen to love presents.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? The beer gut (not hideous, but I’d like to lose it). But, I love beer too much to do anything about it.
20. What do you like most about yourself? My sense of humor. I can diffuse fights between friends, family members, and others, which is a good thing. Sometimes I can diffuse tense situations at work (however, my sarcasm can start fights as well).
21.Do you want everyone you send this to send it back? Actually, I don’t really care, because this is a long-ass questionnaire, and I hate these “being tagged” thingies. But hey, if you want to, be my guest.
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? I am wearing khakis and brown shoes.
23. What are you listening to right now? I listened to the Police last (I believe the song was “I Can’t Stand Losing You.”)
24. Last thing you ate? Cheerios … the multi wheat ones (I think) … not because I’m trying to be healthy, but because they were on sale.
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Indian Red, because I thought that was a cool name for a color … I believe Crayola has changed the name of the color for political purposes.
26. What is the weather like now ? Partly sunny – actually quite pleasant. Thank goodness I’m working today … sigh!
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? My wife, to wish her luck in the dart championship last night … that’s right, she’s on a dart team … and no, she doesn’t have testicles …except for mine.
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? I like a girl’s eyes, and her buttocks … that’s right, just like Kramer, I’m an Ass Man!
29. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? It would be great to be able to appear anywhere with just the snap of a finger … I’d never be late for work, and could save lots of money on gas (and tolls) … call me Thrifty Man!
30 Favorite Drink? Nice cold glass of OJ in the morning, Lemonade in the afternoon, and a good Long Island Iced Tea at night.
32. Hair Color? Blonde (at least where I still have hair)
33. Eye Color? Ice Blue (because it sounds cool).
34. Do you wear contacts? Yes, but I’ve been thinking about getting laser surgery … so any tips would be helpful and appreciated.
35. Favorite Food? Geez, so many to choose from – Tacos, ribs, crabs …. I can’t decide, dammit!!!!
36. Last Movie You Watched? Top Secret! Watched it last night – it is without a doubt in my top 10 favorite movies of all time (a possible future blog).
37. Favorite Day of the Year? Christmas … because I love to give and receive presents.
38. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Ummm…..I’m a scaredy cat, so give me the movies with happy endings (sounds like a cheap massage parlor).
39. Summer or winter? I am thankful that I live in an area that experiences all four seasons. I love ‘em all. However, when it is way too hot, I wish for winter, and when it is way too cold, I wish for summer.
40. Hugs Or Kisses? I guess it depends on who they are coming from.
41. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Some pound cake with some nice cherry topping on the side … I also love cheese-cake.
42. Who is Most Likely To Respond? Nobody, because this is just too freakin’ long.
43. Who Is Least Likely To Respond? Everybody, because of the same reason.
44. What Books Are You Reading? I am reading a Photoshop book right now. I just finished a “Pro Wrestling Mysteries” book, so I got that going for me …
45. What's On Your Mouse Pad? At work, it is a Lockheed Martin pad … BORING!
46. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? The Phillies and Top Secret.
47. Favorite Smells? Coffee, bacon, a pipe, the smell of asphalt when the rain just starts hitting it (I know, I’m weird).
48. Favorite Sounds? Rain against a window (soothing in a way).
49. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Without a doubt, the Rolling Stones. They have been my favorite rock band since the 7th grade. I own over 50 of their albums (bootlegs, live stuff, studio stuff, etc.). Don’t get me wrong, I think the Beatles are good, but the Stones will always be my favorites.
50. What's the farthest you've been from home? Romania, I’m guessing … although I was in Alaska also, but I’m not sure which is further.
51. What's your major malfunction, Private Pyle? I eat too many damn potato chips, and I don’t like ham or potatoes for some reason.
Dark And Stormy Cocktail
1 day ago