I am finally back from vacation (or holiday for you readers in the UK), and I know it is a bit cliché, but I can’t believe the week went by so quickly. It honestly feels like just a few days ago, we were packing the car, and on our way to the Outer Banks. If only work went by so quickly.
Just some quick thoughts about the vacation:
• We had a heat index of over 115 for about 4 days in Kill Devil Hills. At times, it was absolutely stifling. Thank goodness we had a pool where we were staying, because if we didn’t, I probably would’ve just watched tv inside all week.
• The restaurants in the Outer Banks are incredible. I don’t think I’ve ever had soup that was better than the stuff they make down there.
• I’m not sure if this is true or not, but I think it is o.k. for guys to drink frozen drinks when temperatures reach 100 degrees. They were refreshing when even the breeze wasn’t helping.
• Remember that suggestion I made regarding having options for breakfast sides instead of just home-fries? Well, The Outer Banks restaurants give you options - hopefully, this trend will gain force and make its way to Philly. If not, I encourage Smokin’ Steve to open up a “My Big Fat F**kin’ Diner.”
• Mixed drinks seem to taste better in extreme heat, as can be evidenced by the picture of me that I sent to Smokin’ Steve (he was so nice to post it for all of you here: http://mybigfatfkinhead.blogspot.com/). To quickly rehash (I’ll go into more detail in my next post), I had 2 Hurricanes, 2 Margaritas, 4 Long Island Iced Teas (really strong ones, as well), and 2 shots of Jagermeister. This is the face you make after all of those drinks.
• I was shocked that I was able to make it an entire week without a computer. I wasn’t sure if I was capable of doing it, but when you have enough distractions, like a beach, a pool, great food, and alcohol, you can make it through … trust me!
I have a few “Note To Self” tidbits for ya:
• Just because you can’t see your feet, doesn’t mean they won’t get sunburned.
• Even though Long Island Iced Teas tasted really good, doesn’t mean they are not potent.
• Remember to apply sunscreen often on your nose so that Santa doesn’t mistake you for Rudolph.
Quote of the Week:
“There was a time when I thought Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long” was the best song ever made. I remember saying to myself, ‘Has Mr. Richie just created the perfect song?’ What other artist could combine a tantalizing soft-reggae groove, quotes like ‘Feel Good, Feel Good,’ and ‘Zombo-litte-Zettimone-ya,’ and mix that with the addictive melody of those horns at the end of the song? I truly wished the length of the song actually mirrored the title of the song, and often thought about e-mailing Mr. Richie to inform him of my thoughts. Of course, once K.C. and The Sunshine Band’s ‘Give It Up,’ was released, I was shocked to discover that Mr. Richie’s song was no longer the best ever.”
Stupid Karl Joke of the Week:
I wonder if that Moose Lodge has any cool “A-moose-ments.”
Rudolph’s Cranberry Fizz
11 hours ago