Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stoppage Time

I haven’t done this in a while, and since I can’t think of anything else to write about, suggestions it is:

I Gots To Have My White Breads
For those of you who just can’t stomach wheat bread, but still want to lose some weight, boy do I have a suggestion for you (don’t worry, it’s clean). Try the Stroehmann’s Soft and Tasty white bread. It is a good source of whole grain, fiber, folic acid, vitamin D and calcium, and the best part is that it tastes almost as good as regular white bread. In fact, I hardly notice any difference.

Movie Recommendation
I just saw Invincible for the second time this past weekend (my wife really wanted to see it). This movie gives you an idea of what it is like to be an Eagles fan, and why we are such jerks … plus, it is a movie about a guy who tried out for Philly and made the team … without ever playing any college ball … AND this guy went to the high school I went to … AND he played with my uncle. Need I say more?

Music/Comedy Recommendation:
A friend of mine gave me a copy of a Richard Cheese CD. I know I’m late on the bandwagon to this guy, but the man is brilliant. He turns any song (and I mean ANY) into catchy lounge music. Songs like Closer (Nine Inch Nails), Fight For Your Right to Party (Beastie Boys), Me So Horny (Two Live Kru), Creep (Radiohead) – all converted to hilarious lounge music. Check him out at Amazon.com if you don’t believe me (you’ll thank me, I swear).


New Albums I’m Eagerly Anticipating:

1. Electric Six’s newest offering, Switzerland, will be hitting the shelves next week, and I’m salivating. I was turned on to these guys about 9 months ago, and I haven’t been able to stop listening to them. Their first two albums are overly addicting, and the new song, I Buy the Drugs,” is funny, yet toe-tappingly catchy. Not sure how to describe these guys, other than maybe fun heavy metal music (like Van Halen, but in the 21st century).

2. The Killers look to duplicate Hot Fuss’s success with their new album, Sam’s Town, which comes out in early October. I remember buying Hot Fuss three years ago, and proclaiming it was the best purchase I had made in years. The first release, When You Were Young, sounds promising. I’m just hoping this new album can be as complete as the first one.

3. Ronnie Wood Anthology – If you are not a Stones fan, you might as well stop reading. Many of you may not know that Ron Wood is a member of the Stones. Even more of you may be oblivious to the fact that he has done his own music, and it is pretty damn good. I have most of his solo work, but some of his work with other musicians are also included in this 2-cd set. If you like classic rock, you may want to give this one a spin.

9 comments:

El Padrino said...

do you like snow patrol?

Los said...

I like a few of their songs ... at least the ones that I've heard. Philly is such a piss poor radio market, that it is hard to get any new music (thank goodness for the internet).

Superstar said...

I wanna see Invivible....~stomps feet and pouts~

OMG did you listen to his "Amish Paradise"???? LOL I swear the VIDEO is so funny I think a bit of pee came out! ;o)

mollymcmo said...

thanks for the white bread tips, i still think it sucks ass though and love my rye and whole wheat.

what happened to rev steve? i clicked on his link on my sidebar and got a japanese/chinese blog

did he learn another language or something?

was he always secretly asian?

m

Los said...

Jeff - I heard of John Valby. Barnacle Bill the Sailor is a great song.

Superstar - It might make you (gasp) an Iggles fan!

Molly - I clicked on Smokin's link, everything seemed fine. I don't mind rye bread with lunchmeat, but it's gotta be white breat with breakfast and PBJ.

The Rev said...

She has my old steveskalish.blogspot.com link still up, and that one was bogarted by chinese bloggers. Funny stuff!

I have corrected her on her blog.

BTW... at LOV, I have a suicide pool posted. Go there and get your pick in by 6pm.

Superstar said...

LOS: MOI? NO way! *gasp* That would mean I would have to give up my NFC East Redskins...they are in the same division you know....Which gives me an idea...I may just have to post my "predictions for NFC and AFC titles this year...ohhhhh Los..YOu do inspire!

Mama en Fuego said...

Michael Carbajal and Steven Spielberg went to my highschool...

My late fiance was a huge Eagles fan, although I am a devout Steelers fan, I still root for the Eagles in his honor.

Steph said...

Love the Killers and hate white bread.
Go figure.