Friday, September 08, 2006

Stoppage Time

“We need some more fat and happy rappers.”
This gem of a quote was uttered by a coworker of mine as we were listening to Chubb Rock’s “Treat ‘em Right.” We got to talking, and brought up a bunch of great “retro” rap songs, going back to the 80’s and early 90’s. Remember when rap music was fun? Now, it’s all about carrying the biggest guns, screwing the most biotches, and killing the most “hatas.” Wouldn’t it be great to go back to “Doo-Doo Brown,” and “Gas Face?”

That’s What She Said Quote of the Week:
We actually have a tie this week – yes, much like Michael Scott, we (probably I) use this term far too often. In fact, we don’t really even say the phrase anymore – we kind of hum to the tune of “That’s What She Said.”
* “I usually go for the wide ones.” I forget what we were talking about when “B” said this, but we immediately lost it.
* “I guess I’m allowed to touch it, but I shouldn’t lick my fingers afterwards.” Believe it or not, coworker Reverse was not even talking about anything sexual when he released this beauty. In fact, Reverse was merely talking about a huge mushroom in his backyard (yeah, I know – that’s what she said), when Ink told him that it was probably poisonous.

Stupid Karl Joke of the Week:“What is the name of that salad?” “Bob.” We went to Chick Fil-A for our weekly “C-FAT” lunch outing yesterday (Chick Fil-A Thursday). “B” ordered one of their chicken salads, and Ink thought it looked good, so he asked “B” what the name of the salad was. Never ceasing to miss a moment, I chimed in “Bob.”

Made Up Word of the Week:
The creativity displayed by my friends and coworkers on a weekly basis is just unrivaled. I applaud each and everyone of them. We have two winners (somebody, please contact Webster’s):
· Asstriloquist – During a Labor Day barbecue on Sunday, my friend Ray-Ray was up to his usual tricks. You see, Ray-Ray is very creative with his farts. He has gotten so good at them, it seems as if he can throw them across the room, and make it seem like somebody else farted. He said that he considers himself an asstriloquist because of this skill.
· Meangling – Davie Dogs created this one, and I think it has a chance to stick. Not only is this word funny, but it is very descriptive. Davie used this one a few days ago when asked what he would be doing on Saturday. Dogs was planning on walking around the neighborhood and chatting with neighbors. He mixed mingling and meandering – but I think it works!

13 comments:

The Rev said...

Pop Pop goes the weasel, the weasel!

Pop goes the weasel cause the weasel goes POP!

3rd Bass, baby!

Mama en Fuego said...

I totally miss the old school rappers that were actually fun to listen too.

I usually go for the wide ones too ;)

Fairmaiden327 said...

My kid blames his farts on the cat. Cripes. BTW, just read Weekend Part I. OMG pickle chuggers, can't breathe!

Los said...

Smokin' - those were the days (he looked a little like Archie Bunker with the cigar).

Dirty Birdie - Girth is important

Farimaiden - Pickle Chugger has become a standard part of my language usage.

Christina_the_wench said...

Have a good weekend, Los. I will try to use asstriloquist correctly this weekend in your honor.

The Rev said...

Pickle chugger!

BTW... my new favorite way to say someone is gay...

He farts rainbow gerbils!

El Padrino said...

heavy D

i got nuttin but love for ya honey

Bob Kaelin said...

I 100% agree with you about today's rap Karl. The shit they play on the radio and MTV is just plain ass. Old school is where it's at. Late 80's-early 90's old school that is. Not that lame Sugarhill Gang stuff either. If you want to hear some new good rap, look to the underground/indie scene. A lot of good rappers there and half of them are white.

Bob Kaelin said...

Oh and yes, 3rd Bass does indeed rule!

Steph said...

hahaha you crack me up. I'll try to use those words at least once this weekend.

Los said...

Christina - My goal is to get a word into Webster's Dictionary ... use away!

Smokin' - Sounds like a new Lucky Charms flavor.

El Padrino - Heavy D was awesome!!

Jeff - Today, "We are Playin' Football!!!"

Bob - Let me know websites I can go to.

Steph - You've given me plenty of words to use. Feel free to use what you like!

Bob Kaelin said...

As per request Karl, here are some links to some good underground rap shit:

MF Doom: He used to be in KMD and was the black rapper in the Gas Face song by 3rd Bass. He's made some real creative and off the wall stuff the last few years.

Living Legends: A collective of different MC's who release group albums together but also have solo albums for all of the individual members. Some great stuff here.

Rhymesayers: Another group of MC's that fall under this collective label, Atmosphere being the best one to look out for.

Hip-Hop Site.Com: This site sells all the underground (and some mainstream crap too unfortunately) stuff and has samples of some of the songs from each CD they sell on their site. This is a good site to look around and find out whas's out there nowadays.

Eric said...

I don't how clever or funny a person is, how sophisticated you are, "that's what she said" is always hilarious.

My favorite made up word is manties, used to describe mens underwear that is just a tad to feminine. I'm not sure what it is, that word just cracks me up.