Friday, September 22, 2006

Stoppage Time

I have other things to blog about, but there have been so many “best of” moments this week, I’ll wait until next week. Enjoy (I hope!).

Stupid Comment of the Week:“I’m so bright, I gotta wear shades.” Ink blurted this one out after I said the classic – I’m so bright, my dad calls me son (sun). I’m guessing Ink combined a couple of sayings together and came up with this one.

Best Band Name of the Week:Smashed Potatoes – Just to let you know, I have no idea if this is a real band name, but as we were coming back from lunch today, somebody uttered this, and I immediately said that this would be a great band name (I do this far too often – people laughed when I thought Space Base would be a cool band name – I think it’s just as cool as Weezer).

Stupid Joke of the Week:“Trout fishing requires patience.” “So do doctors.” – Ink was on a rampage this week, making the list a second time with this hum-dinger, after I was talking about trout fishing.

That’s What She Said Quote of the Week:“It takes a few minutes to get to the meat of the little box.” – -B- came up with this masterpiece when describing the video about the new I-TV from Apple.

Weirdest Question I was Asked This Week:“So Los, are you up on your Gary Neumann trivia?” - -B- asked me this doozy when we were listening to some 80’s new wave music. I’m still trying to figure out the best response the question he posed …

Most Outrageous Conversation of the Week:“The clocks wouldn’t be in sync.” – Joe
“Why would the clocks be in the sink to begin with?” – Los
“At least his jokes are clean.” – Ink
“Your jokes always drain me.” - Los
“I guess it’s all just a pipe dream.” – Los
“Your jokes get me all stopped up.” – Ink

Obviously, we went off on a tangent with this conversation, because (A) we get bored at work, and (B) because we aren’t normal.

Made-Up Word of the Week:Elicktickle Machine – I’m not sure what –B- meant by this, but it sound sounds like a workout machine that would be very popular to females.

9 comments:

Ink and Stone said...

MWahahahahaaaa... our stupidity knows no bounds.

The Rev said...

Smashed Potatoes... you wouldn't like that band, Los. You hate potatoes.

Eric said...

Anytime you can go off on a random tangent using nothing but puns its awesome. Yesterday I had a solid 30 email long chain of nothing but poop puns, good times.

Los said...

Ink -The one true redeeming quality of this job.

Smokin' - Oh yeah, good point.

Eric - I'm all about puns - I can't get enough of them.

Christina_the_wench said...

Rev said what I was thinking. Thief.

El Padrino said...

Smoked Fries is a cool name too

or

Gnarly Grapes

GM-Carson said...

"Elicktickle machine"...sounds sloppy!

Anonymous said...

*yawn*
~scratched head~
OHHHH I know!

Stopped up? Head over to "stoppage time"! :)

Anonymous said...

Where do I place my order for an Elicktickle?