Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sir Mick!




Hopefully, you’ve heard, but if you haven’t, Mick Jagger is releasing his greatest hits cd …. And no, smart ass, it’s not an EP! Many of you know of my love for the Rolling Stones, I consider them divine, their music like a gift from God. And sure, Mick’s solo work doesn’t really compare to what the Stones have released, but it really isn’t that bad.

I already have most of the songs, but that won’t stop me from buying this album –there are 3 songs I don’t have … more than enough to warrant a purchase. Sure, I could theoretically go to I-Tunes and just download those three songs, and for an ordinary band, I would do this. However, with the Stones and anything Stones related, I HAVE to buy the cd.

Plus, there is a limited edition cd with a DVD that features the music videos from 9 of his songs. Now, if you’ve never seen a Mick Jagger, or Rolling Stones video for that matter, do yourself a favor, and go to Youtube, and watch the “Let’s Work” video. That should tell you all you need to know about Mick Jagger and videos. Over the years, I have developed some very good Mick Jagger dance moves … so good, in fact, that I am frequently requested to do this dance at weddings.

But I digress … I’ve seen the song list for the cd, and it really is solid. He has collaborations with Bono, John Lennon, David Bowie, and Lenny Kravitz – pretty heavy hitters in the music world. I guess the next time I’ll be this excited is when Keef rolls out his greatest hits cd … I’m waiting!

10 comments:

The Rev said...

I'm coming over to your house soon just to see the Mick Jagger DVD.

Jeff said...

OK, but first I want to see the 2007 Phillies Greatest Hits.

Steph said...

Not a fan but good on you for buying the music instead of stealing it....I'd never do a thing like that *cough*

Christina_the_wench said...

*boots up Limewire* Wha??

El Padrino said...

man you love the stones

El Padrino said...

i havent bought a cd since 2003

Eric said...

Is it going to have the Dancing in the Streets video with David Bowie. That one is hilarious.

snowelf said...

I agree, Los. There are just some artists you HAVE to own.

:)

--snow

Superstar said...

OK I know this is hypicritical, but I really can't stand to watch Mick, however I ADORE his music!
I mean he is a musical mystery.

Los said...

Rev - No doubt!!!

Jeff - Looks like we'll be getting a Sports Illustrated offer soon ...

Steph - You must really give Mick more of a chance!

Christina - Mick is one of those artists that you need to purchase a CD for ...

ElP - Yeah - I have issues. I know.

Eric - Yep, that video is on there.

Snow - Mick and the Stones are those artists for me.

Superstar - Sure, they aren't winning any beauty pageants ... but that's ok.