I decided to go back and look at the predictions I made for 2007, and see how well I did. My next blog posting will probably be 2008 predictions … although if I do as poorly as I did with the 2007 predictions, maybe I should give it up.
10. I predicted that one of the 4 “F*ckhats would pass away – Nicole, Paris, Brittany, or Lindsay … unfortunately, I left out Anna Nicole … I would’ve been a genius!
9. I predicted that Barry Bonds’ knees would fall off during a baseball game. Sadly, this did not happen. But, he did get indicted, so maybe he’ll never smell a lick of freedom again … one can only hope!
8. I predicted that T.O. would get released from the Cowboys. I believe I heard somewhere that Parcells gave Jerry Jones an ultimatum that either T.O. goes or Parcells goes … sadly, it looks like the ‘Boys made the right decision.
7. I predicted that the Phillies would be in the wild card race until the last week of the season … like every year. Hey, I was partially right, they WERE in the wild card race until the end. However, the Mets collapsed, and the Phils somehow won the division.
6. I predicted that we would either get confirmation that we were successful in “terminating” Osama Bin Laden, or we would find out that he had died about a year ago … unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like either was the case.
5. I predicted that the Rolling Stones would finally end their “Bigger Bang” Tour that started in 2005, and shockingly, it did finally end … I think it was in November.
4. I predicted that there would be another “new” Tupac cd out, with “all new material” … even though the man has been dead for close to 10 years (or more) … truthfully, I have no idea if this happened, as I don’t follow Tupac.
3. I predicted that Burger King would be producing a 10 patty hamburger – I can’t verify this, but if anybody has tried to place an order for one of these, please let me know.
2. I predicted that the Reverend would post another blog entry on his site – basically meaning that he would have a new job … I was dead-on with this one. Nice work, Rev!
1. My final prediction was that there would be a “Best of” President Bush funny lines DVD out … and that it would be the best selling DVD of the year … I don’t know of an DVD produced, but somebody bought me the G.W. Bush funny quotes calendar … that’s gotta count for something, right?
So to recap, I think I got 2 absolutely correct, and another 2 could probably be debated (we’ll call them a tie). I finished with a 2-2-6 record … at least the Miami Dolphins are jealous.
Happy 2008 everyone!
May the Force be with Matt Klentak
4 hours ago