Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've Had IT!

The state of Pennsylvania will have the spotlight shown brightly on its shiny tush in the coming weeks as Obama and Clinton prepare to campaign heavily. It’s only April, and I’m already sick of politics again … normally, it takes until Octoberish during a Presidential election, but the dung-flinging is reaching epic proportions already.

I don’t usually write or talk about politics, because frankly, there are enough people out there doing it already. I also don’t openly discuss my political affiliation for many reasons, mainly because I’m going to probably piss approximately 50% of the people off no matter which side I’m on. More importantly, I really don’t have an affiliation, I tend to be a moderate … a curse word on both sides.

The thing is I don’t believe in pulling that big blue or red lever when I vote. I really try and do research and make an informed voting decision, as opposed to blindly voting for one party or the other. I wish more people would do this, personally. Unfortunately, it’s never about what a person can do for the people anymore, but more importantly, what that same person can do for his or her political party. That is extremely nauseating, if you ask me.

I understand that if you want to get your party’s “blessing,” you have to usually give into party ideology, not to mention the ideology of corporations and “friends” who have financed your political career … another thing that makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

I truly think that if government and political parties had good people who cared about the people first and foremost, many of our problems would either be eliminated or at the very least lessened. I know, I know … it’s a very naïve way to look at it, but that’s just the way I am. In order to get to the higher ranks of government, you almost inevitably have to make a few deals with the devil … deals that will ultimately dictate what you do in government. For once, I’d like to see somebody come in, take charge, and say a big F-U to that … it’ll probably never happen, though.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Let's make our own party (wouldn't be the first time) and nominate somebody with some common sense.

Los for Prez. ... Barbra Peapod

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rev said...

Fence sitter!

The Rev said...

It's Rev by the way

lost a bet

Ink and Stone said...

"The thing is I don’t believe in pulling that big blue or red lever when I vote. I really try and do research and make an informed voting decision, as opposed to blindly voting for one party or the other."

Right on, brother, right on!! The entire voting system needs an overhaul. For instance, raising money for their campaigns should be done away with. The govt should give each candidate an equal amount of cash to run with - and that's all they get. Add equal airtime on the major stations for debate (or a debate channel - even better) so every candidate's voice is heard. At least it would be a start...

Ah, screw it..
Cthulhu 2008
Why vote for a Lesser Evil??

minijonb said...

We need more voters like you... maybe even more politicians like you as well.

Jeff said...

Our system is the worst. Except for every other one out there.

El Padrino said...

Our system is the best of the worst Jeff.

Los said...

Lisa - I doubt I'd ever be considered for something like that!

Rev - F-U

Ink - Here's the thing - how do you cut-off who you finance if you are congress?

Minijonb - I think I have too much of a temper for politics.

Jeff - So, because our system is better than others, we shouldn't bother trying to make it better? That's forward thinking right there.

ElP - This is why I don't usually do political rants.