So, Britney Spears won 3 … count ‘em … 3 MTV music video awards at the VMA’s this past Sunday. As you can expect, I have some questions:
1. First, why is MTV even given out music video awards still? Do they even show videos anymore?
2. Wait, when did Britney make new videos? And, did anybody else see the video before she won the awards? And, if so, where?
3. Did Britney win these awards ONLY because she agreed to show up at the VMA’s?
4. When was the last time anybody really gave a flying rat’s ass about the VMA’s?
5. Will we see a Michael Jackson comeback attempt on the VMA’s next year?
6. When will MTV decide to change the name (and of course, formats) to the VRT’s (video reality tv)? C’mon … you know that’s gotta be coming soon, right?
7. Who was that British host on the VMA’s? How did MTV make the decision to go with him? And, why wasn’t he even a little bit funny?
8. How drunk does one have to be to be able to not only watch, but enjoy the VMA’s?
9. Are the ESPY’s better than the VMA’s?
10. How many “artists” did you recognize at the VMA’s?
Writer’s Workshop: Harry Potter’s Fault
3 days ago