1. Did you guys hear about all the Dick Cheney jokes? The late night hosts had a field day – not that this is very surprising. I guess it’s not every day that a vice president mistakes a guy for a bird, and shoots him. But I am shocked that none of the shows exploited the fact that he was shooting at quail – and putting in a zinger about how Cheney was actually aiming for Dan Quayle, the guy that single-handedly cost Bush senior a second term. I’m sure there will be more jokes about this, so I can only hold my breath and hope.
2. New York City was blanketed with the most snow ever recorded this weekend, and I’m surprised (once again) that the late night guys didn’t make more jokes about this. I figured they’d mix in a joke or two about world record numbers of drug pushers in the city as well. Of course, I’m still waiting for Pat Robertson to make another moronic remark (I think he is due, isn’t he) regarding the city deserving this because of all the sinners living there (stuff it, Robertson!).
3. My Monday ritual was sacrificed, thanks to a stupid dog show. Seriously, how many people could possibly be watching this? Do I need two hands to count them? Oh, and my Monday ritual is watching wrestling, so I guess I really shouldn’t be commenting on this.
4. Are the advertisers at Pepsi just mailing it in at this point? They’ve done a good thing by eliminating the “Brown and Bubbly” slogan. However, I just saw a new commercial featuring Pepsi and Jackie Chan as cops fighting bad guys. Ummmm…. Is this somehow supposed to make me want to drink Pepsi? If possible, this may actually be worse than the Pepsi NFL commercial in which the Patriots drafted a Pepsi machine. I felt myself actually getting dumber watching this… but not dumb enough to drink a Pepsi.
5. Speaking of weather, does it scare only me to know that some weather forecasters seem to be getting off a little too much on the weather? I mean, I think it is fine to be passionate about your job, but I bet that some of these forecasters would love to just get in bed with a nice tight-looking category 4 hurricane sometime.