1. I remember my school closing number. It was 450. Why this is in my head right now, I don’t know. Maybe it is because I’m hoping for snow, but know that we probably won’t get anything significant this year in Philly. I also remember my high school locker number – 369, and the combination – 42, 44, 16. Again, no clue why that has stuck with me this long.
2. I hate tax time. I don’t really know why. Maybe it is because I really don’t know what goes in to doing taxes on your own. I always take my tax stuff to somebody else, although this year, I am going to try Turbo Tax. I heard good things about this. Wish me luck.
3. I love cereal – I have it just about every morning for breakfast - along with a tall glass of orange juice. I am on a Honey Nut Cheerios kick. My old favorite used to be Frosted Flakes.
4. Speaking of orange juice, why does every restaurant try to skimp us on this? They give us such small glasses and charge us $3.00 for that? They make it same like O.J. is becoming as scarce as oil.
5. I predict I’ll have one of those internet radio transceivers by April (after I get money back from tax time) – I am sick of hearing nothing but Led Zeppelin, Ozzie, Stained, and the other 2 or 3 bands being played on the “rock” stations in Philly. I’d like to discover more music.
6. I’m excited about Olympic hockey, and maybe the luge and bobsled….THAT’s IT!
7. Angelina Jolie, pregnant? This should never happen, for the sake of all the guys on the planet.
8. Somebody suggested that I watch the show Love Monkey, which is on tonight at 10:00 p.m. First, I’m having trouble justifying watching a show with the title “Love Monkey.” Second, a comedy on at 10:00 p.m.? Isn’t this a little late for a sit-com? Shouldn’t one of the other canned crime-fighting/detective/coroner/ shows be slated for this time slot?
9. I saw that one of the Suncoast video places is going out of business (in the Moorestown Mall). Now, I’m not sure if all of these are going under, but if so, I have a good idea why. YOU’RE PRICES WERE WAY TOO HIGH. EVEN WITH THE 20% OFF THAT YOU ARE DOING IN ORDER TO LIQUIDATE, IT IS STILL TOO EXPENSIVE.
10. I try not to get involved in religious (or political) arguments. To each his/her own, I always say. However, this whole situation with regards to the newspaper comic that depicted a picture of Muhammed with a bomb on his head (hinting that Muslims are violent) is quite comical. First, I have no problems with Muhammed or anyone wishing to worship him. Many Muslims claim that Islam is a very peaceful religion. BUT, you wouldn’t know that with all the riots going on because of a comic. Yes, the comic was in very bad taste. Yes, I can see it being very offensive. But, isn’t there a better way to show that you are not violent, and to show your distaste and opposition to this comic than by causing riots and killing people?
Chocolate Cherry Cha Cha Cocktail
3 days ago