Since Smokin’ Steve did a list of things people may not know about him, I decided to do the same:
* I once went to a John Tesh show … not because I wanted to, but because I owed somebody a favor (get your minds out of the gutter – it wasn’t that kind of favor). They were great musicians, but still, not my cup of tea.
* I once skipped an Interboro vs. Ridley Thanksgiving Day game (it was pushed to a Friday because of weather), to go see a movie with a girl (it was a big mistake – one of the only Interboro vs. Ridley games I’ve ever missed).
* I gave my mom a wok for Christmas once – she hated it. About 8 years later, I took it to college unopened.
* I have an ass dent on the roof of my car, thanks to a cable guy.
* I won an air hockey tournament.
* I hate ham.
* When I was young, I didn’t like pizza and hamburgers.
* I flipped Video Pinball on the Atari 2600 5 times in one sitting.
* I have over 50 Rolling Stones albums.
* I once took a piss next to Michael Buffer (Let’s Get Ready To Rumble.).
* I sat next to Boyz To Men in the press box of an Eagles game.
* I gave a girl a foot fixer (foot massaging system) as a Christmas present once.
* I own a pair of Big Yanks corduroy pants.
* I once owned “Nado Super Primo” sneakers, and “Copa 83” sneakers.
* I wore “Uncle Charlies” and “Smacks” pants in middle school.
Writer’s Workshop: Maybe Next Time
3 days ago