Monday, February 13, 2006

Ouch, My Back Hurts!

1. Forget about all of the stuff I said about how great it is to get a snow storm. I spent 2 ½ hours shoveling that heavy sh*t yesterday, and I am sorer than Hulk Hogan was after he body slammed Andre the Giant. The snow is nice to look at, and it always feels like peace and serenity when the snow event is actually occurring, but the pick-up and clean-up afterwards sucks – so much so, that I think I would rather watch American Idol for 5 straight hours, than shovel snow (at least that heavy stuff) for 2 hours.

2. It seems as if all of the news stations are getting their money’s worth with the term “thunder-snow.” Why is it that every time I hear this term now, I’m waiting for Angus to belt out the opening licks to an AC/DC song? But, with that being said, it was really cool to see lightning while it was snowing.

3. The Olympics have been going on for a few days now, and all I have really seen so far is highlights. Of course, these highlights are just photos of the event. Are the Olympics that prestigious, that all we are allowed to see are photos on other stations? This reminds of boxing pay-per-views.

4. The Sixers lost AGAIN last night. For those keeping track of this current losing streak, none of the teams that they lost too are serious threats of having a championship parade … in fact, at least two of the teams are nowhere near playoff contention. Is it time to get rid of Iverson? Probably. But, it probably won’t really make a difference to me anyway – as I am sick of pro basketball, and am finding myself watching more college hoops.

5. Speaking of sports, in my humble opinion, the NFL Pro Bowl is even more of a waste of time than Gigli. It is the only “all-star” game that happens after the season is over. No, I don’t think they should do it during the season, but if you can’t have it during the season, why have it at all? Nobody is watching. Can’t you just have these all-stars do something different, like maybe an American Gladiators style show? Wouldn’t this be more interesting than the Pro Bowl?

1 comment:

The Rev said...

1. Do what I did... I spent the storm in Baltimore eating crabcakes and shrimp and snuggling with my baby in a nice hotel room. Best snowstorm I ever had.

2. That will be the new overused term in broadcasting.

3. I haven't really watched wither. I usually wait until the final few days of the olympics to really watch.

4. Getting rid of Iverson won't help them now. It's time for an overhaul of the front office, which means bye bye Mr. King!

5. Yeah... American Gladiators was the original reality show. I would rather see the players beating the crap out of each other with big padded sticks than a padded Pro Bowl.