Thursday, June 08, 2006

Things I Probably Should Keep to Myself.

Smokin’ Steve brought up the fact that I hate reality shows, but I love wrasslin’….which is a true statement. This prompted me to write about some things about me (likes, dislikes, etc.) that may be a tad embarrassing. Anything for a laugh, I guess.

· I am a sucker for romantic comedies – some of my favorites are Sleepless in Seattle, Serendipity, and While You Were Sleeping. However, I do NOT like Pretty Woman.

· Sometimes I get teary-eyed during certain movies. Some Kind of Wonderful never fails me – when Leah Thompson’s character gives Eric Stoltz’s character the earrings back, the floodgates open. Heck, I’ve even shed a tear during K-9, and that’s a friggin’ James Belushi movie.

· I own Air Supply’s Greatest Hits – Many of these songs remind me of the middle school dances, when I would hope a girl (a cute one) would come up to me and ask me to dance.

· I have been to a John Tesh concert – No, I didn’t enjoy it. I went as a favor for somebody who did a favor for me. The musicians are very talented, but it is not my cup of tea. Plus, John Tesh looks like an idiot.

· I really liked the T.V. show “Boy Meets World” – This one is a tough one. I can’t figure out really why I enjoyed this show? The only thing I can come up with was because Tapanga was kind of cute.

· I have been known to drink frozen drinks – We have a smoothie maker at home, it is fun not only to make the smoothies, but also to add all kinds of liquor to them and find out how good they still taste. I usually only do this on very warm days, though.

· I actually like Adam Sandler movies – Let me preface this by saying that I don’t like all of them – Little Nicky was unwatchable. However, I thought 50 First Dates was good, and I always watch Big Daddy when it is on. I’ll make fun of him, like everyone else, but when I actually sit down and watch a movie of his, I’ll enjoy it for some reason.

· One of my favorite older video games was Bubble Bobble – I know, I know. This game was basically made for girls, but once you play it, it is addicting … I swear!
· I cried when Mr. Hooper died – I was in fifth grade, for crying out loud. Why did I care about Mr. Hooper? I mean, he was the cranky old man on Sesame Street that Big Bird used to piss off. I should’ve been happy when he died … actually, since I was in 5th grade, I shouldn’t have even cared.

· I find Carrot-Top funny – I’m not sure why. He’s more annoying than anything, but I find myself giggling at his “inventions.” I still find Gallagher a little humorous, too – I always thought he brought up great political points in a funny way. And who wouldn’t want to smash fruit for a living?

* I find Janeane Garofalo funny ... or at least I used to. I'm not sure how she's aged, but outside of the average looks, she is extremely funny, smart-assed, and intelligent, and I guess the whole package is what intrigues me (I know that many have a problem with her political stance, and I'm not looking at her from that point of view - just a comedic point of view).

6 comments:

El Padrino said...

Easy champ! Maybe you should sit a few out for awhile.

The Rev said...

Romantic comedies? I only like them if they are actually funny.

Some Kind of Wonderful? Great movie, but not tear worthy. And you make fun of me for crying at the end of Rocky.

I once danced with a girl in middle school to Air Supply, but it was Michelle Moser and she danced with every guy there. I think I was 27th on her list.

John Tesh should die. But I'm a guy who has seen Barry Manilow perform live.

I dig me a frozen drink. You and I need to hit Fat Tuesday's on South Street sometime soon.

Adam Sandler was good in The Waterboy and Mr. Deeds.

And finally... I've been to two Gallagher shows in my life. He is funny when he gets political and smart.

Superstar said...

"I'M all outta love..I'm so lost with out you..." awwww yes the Air supply! Jr high dances....*sigh*

LOS: Seriously WWF? And I know there a a couple of more WWVF or something...but seriously? Gotta Love ya!

try a smoothie w/ Malibu rum. White bottle w/ the palm leaf on it. mixs w/ vodka...YuMMMIIIEEE. ***disclaimer, only if you like cocanut flavor***

Christina_the_wench said...

It takes a big man ~coughs~ to admit to these. Let's not let it happen again, shall we?

Los said...

Sorry - just getting in touch with my feminine side.

Cheetarah1980 said...

How do you NOT like Pretty Woman. That's the equivalent of sacrelig.