Smokin’ Steve brought up the fact that I hate reality shows, but I love wrasslin’….which is a true statement. This prompted me to write about some things about me (likes, dislikes, etc.) that may be a tad embarrassing. Anything for a laugh, I guess.
· I am a sucker for romantic comedies – some of my favorites are Sleepless in Seattle, Serendipity, and While You Were Sleeping. However, I do NOT like Pretty Woman.
· Sometimes I get teary-eyed during certain movies. Some Kind of Wonderful never fails me – when Leah Thompson’s character gives Eric Stoltz’s character the earrings back, the floodgates open. Heck, I’ve even shed a tear during K-9, and that’s a friggin’ James Belushi movie.
· I own Air Supply’s Greatest Hits – Many of these songs remind me of the middle school dances, when I would hope a girl (a cute one) would come up to me and ask me to dance.
· I have been to a John Tesh concert – No, I didn’t enjoy it. I went as a favor for somebody who did a favor for me. The musicians are very talented, but it is not my cup of tea. Plus, John Tesh looks like an idiot.
· I really liked the T.V. show “Boy Meets World” – This one is a tough one. I can’t figure out really why I enjoyed this show? The only thing I can come up with was because Tapanga was kind of cute.
· I have been known to drink frozen drinks – We have a smoothie maker at home, it is fun not only to make the smoothies, but also to add all kinds of liquor to them and find out how good they still taste. I usually only do this on very warm days, though.
· I actually like Adam Sandler movies – Let me preface this by saying that I don’t like all of them – Little Nicky was unwatchable. However, I thought 50 First Dates was good, and I always watch Big Daddy when it is on. I’ll make fun of him, like everyone else, but when I actually sit down and watch a movie of his, I’ll enjoy it for some reason.
· One of my favorite older video games was Bubble Bobble – I know, I know. This game was basically made for girls, but once you play it, it is addicting … I swear!
· I cried when Mr. Hooper died – I was in fifth grade, for crying out loud. Why did I care about Mr. Hooper? I mean, he was the cranky old man on Sesame Street that Big Bird used to piss off. I should’ve been happy when he died … actually, since I was in 5th grade, I shouldn’t have even cared.
· I find Carrot-Top funny – I’m not sure why. He’s more annoying than anything, but I find myself giggling at his “inventions.” I still find Gallagher a little humorous, too – I always thought he brought up great political points in a funny way. And who wouldn’t want to smash fruit for a living?
* I find Janeane Garofalo funny ... or at least I used to. I'm not sure how she's aged, but outside of the average looks, she is extremely funny, smart-assed, and intelligent, and I guess the whole package is what intrigues me (I know that many have a problem with her political stance, and I'm not looking at her from that point of view - just a comedic point of view).
Writing Prompts for 1.25
1 day ago