Just a few tidbits to throw at ya, because I can’t think of anything else to write at the moment:
1. I’m excited for the new Superman movie that will be released in a few weeks. I am a little concerned though, because the last time I was really excited to see a movie, it was King Kong, and that movie never even got close to living up to the hype. It was 3+ hours of cool CGI, but it dragged on and I thought Jack Black was a poor choice for this flick.
2. I’ve been listening to a group called The Sounds a lot lately. They are a female group, and they pack a cool punch. Some of my friends say the sound is a little too poppy, but I’m o.k. with that. They have a neat mix of punk, power pop, and just a dash of Modern Rock. Give ‘em a spin.
3. I saw the movie Deuce Bigalow – the European Gigolo this weekend, and was thoroughly disappointed. I enjoyed the first one, and was hoping this one could follow in its footsteps. The jokes were poor, the comedic timing sucked, and they recycled far too many jokes from the first one. It got me to thinkin’, which sequels to original movies were as good or better than the first. I came up with Empire Strikes Back, the Godfather Part 2, and Airplane 2. Any others?
4. Congrats to the Carolina Hurricanes for winning the Stanley Cup. I hope this increases hockey’s popularity in historically “un-hockey” areas. It was bittersweet watching 3 ex-Flyers hoist the cup, and makes me really question whether or not Bob Clarke will ever bring a cup back to Philly. Of course, I have this question about all of Philly’s teams at this point.
5. I see a ton of Sonic Fast Food restaurant commercials on TV – it makes me want to try the place out. However, I think the closest Sonic is in Virginia, which makes me wonder why the hell this place is advertised in Philly … now, I know that these are probably national ads, but still.
Writing Prompts for 1.25
1 day ago