Sunday, May 11, 2008

A MEME, NOOOOOOOOO!

One of my new blogging buddies, Scargosun, tagged me to do a meme – this ones a little different – read the directions below (remember, I don’t tag people, but if you want to do this one, please, go right ahead):

What I would like you to do is post a comment on someone else's Blog today - anyone you like, anywhere on the planet. Make a note of the letters that make up the 'word verification' for your comment. Now write down a few words yourself on your Blog - the words starting with each verification letter you had to type in. So if you typed in 'kjdffs' to verify your comment, the first word of your little list would start K, the second J, the third D and so on. Each word has to reflect something cool or important to you and your take on life! No cheating! Also tell us where you commented to get your letters!

· N – Nintendo Wii, I’ve been playing this like crazy since Christmas … HELP!
· S – Schue, she’s my wife, and the love of my life (yeah, I know – reading this may make you diabetic).
· U – Urge Overkill – This was one of my favorite bands once, they let drugs get in the way, sadly, and are no longer making relevant music.
· G – Goulash – My mom used to make this, and it was my favorite dinner in the whole world … she still makes it, but for some reason, I don’t like it that much anymore.
· Z – Zoo – I loved going to the zoo as a kid – heck, I loved most animals … I often wondered if I should’ve become a veterinarian or something like that (although, I doubt I could handle dealing with sick or dying animals).
· J – Junk – I tend to get sucked into infomercials – thank goodness my wife is the voice of reason, or else, I’d probably have a lot more junk.
· F – Flyers – Right now, you have the collective hearts of the city of Philadelphia in your hands … just win, baby!

One more thing – I wanted to wish my mom a happy mother’s day – she is the greatest woman I know, and I hope I am doing her proud. Thanks for everything, mom!

5 comments:

scargosun said...

I'm sorry! I didn't know you had a no meme policy. Thanks for doing it though!

minijonb said...

i saw Urge Overkill play a show at Michigan State to a really small crowd on campus. i was working security at the show. the drummer of UO wanted to swap drum kits with one of the openning bands. after the gig, they set up the kit again so he could play it but the kid didn't want to make the trade.

El Padrino said...

happy mothers day Los's mom!

Ink and Stone said...

I've never seen Urge Overkill but I have seen Overkill in concert. It was at Hammerjacks in Baltimore (when Hammerjacks still existed). The bassist over Overkill had a glass bass filled with 'blood', pretty neat looking, but I think it was filled with kool-aid!

Los said...

Scargosun - I don't mind short meme's - it's the ridiculously long ones I hate.

Minijonb - That must not have been during the peak of their popularity, right?

Elp - Hell-yes!

Ink - Fake blood = poser.