Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yet Another Reason Why I'm NOT a Genius ...

After the cryptic post I did last, I figured I’d lighten things up a little … by giving you, the dedicated blog readers, yet another reason why you should never confuse me with a genius. This latest “installment” occurred towards the end of last week. On my ride home from work this past Thursday, I decided to open my moon-roof and take full advantage of the beautiful day that had befallen the Philadelphia area. So far, so good, right?

Well, the next morning, as my wife and I got into the car, I had a realization … I had left the moon-roof open, and as luck would have it, the heavens had opened up with torrential rain earlier in the morning … The inside of my car greeted me with dampness and puddles on the leather seats … as my wife, Schue, described on her blog, the cup-holders were filed with quite a bit of water. After retreating back into the house to snag some towels from the bathroom, I hastily dried the surfaces of everything that had unfortunately been soaked … of course, we had to sit on the towels as we drove into work … dampening our unfortunate tushes.

Sadly, the “luck” didn’t end there. On our way to the beef and beer, a driver pulled up next to us, and beckoned us to roll down the passenger window. The concerned driver informed us that my trunk was open … yes, I had opened the trunk in order to store an umbrella and my work briefcase, as we had guests accompanying us to the event. Of course, I boneheadedly forgot to close the trunk … and yes, it was still raining. Thankfully, it was only a 10-minute drive to the destination.

I guess things could’ve been worse, so I shouldn’t worry or complain about it. But, have any of you had extended periods of brainfarts like this? You know, I’ve done other things like get into the passenger seat, or even better, the back seat of my car when I was the driver … and yes, most of the time, this was when I was completely sober … maybe it’s old age setting in … sigh.

8 comments:

Insane Mama said...

There is actually a technical name for the term brainfart, and no, you are not alone

minijonb said...

we start having "senior moments" at about age 6 and they increase rapidly from there. if this was the only brainfart you had this month, consider yourself lucky.

scargosun said...

I have been kind of in the same boat (no pun intended). My brain has taken leave from me which got me some interesting looks from my new general manager at my 2nd job.

Crassius Maximus said...

Yes, and these mental lapses always occur the day after dropping acid.

James Burnett said...

Old Age? You're just not drinking enough.

Jeff said...

You lived an episode of The Simpsons: Homer left the windows down during a rain storm, next day opened the car door, and a few feet of water gushed out.

I thought the "moon roof" was courtesy of the Comcast cable dude's ass, and I didn't realize you could open it.

-B- said...

Ah, Los - that's happened to me a few times in my old car. Florida rain can come through at the drop of a hat, so leave the sunroof open while going into a store and you can get screwed. Good thing the back floormats didn't get wet - sat on them instead of towels.
Welcome to the senior club, you old fart! LOL.

Los said...

Insane Mama - The technical name might actually be my name ...

Minijonb - Oh no, I can't claim that ...

Scargosun - That's ok - I think brainfarts are charming ...

Crass - Hydrochloric acid?

James - I'm about to change that, dammit!

Jeff - ba-da-bing!

B - Thanks ... I think.