Hockey playoffs getting ready to start ... baseball season in full-swing ... it's a beautiful thing!
1. On the cofounder of Bojangles passing away:
"He can now resume his battle with the Colonel in heaven ... or hell."
2. On Athiests at Fort Bragg launching an effort to get recognition, equal treatment on the base:
"Unfortunately, it doesn't look like God is on their side ..."
3. On social conservatives taking aim at Gay Days in Orlando and at Disney:
"Good to see the conservatives being more tolerant ... not."
4. On the animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is urging city leaders in San Francisco to change the name of its legendarily gritty Tenderloin to something with decidedly less gristle:
"I hope they're only 'horsing-around,' because if this is the battle they decide to wage, I think they're 'barking' up the wrong tree ..."
5. On the possibility of ground-up animal meat and bone being turned into biodegradable plastics:
"I'm not sure why my dog loves my plastic lawn furniture so much ..."
Writing Prompts for 12.14
1 day ago