Wednesday, October 31, 2007

4 Years, already????

I won’t be posting on Thursday/Friday this week (I know, a truly sad day for Bloggerville), but I have a legitimate excuse. My wife and I are celebrating 4-years of marriage this weekend … in Atlantic City AND Cape May! Atlantic City is a fitting place, considering she took a “gamble” in agreeing to marry me in the first place (sorry folks, I couldn’t resist). Seriously, though, I think she made out ok. 4 years! It seriously feels like a year ago that we got married. I guess time flies when you have fun (that should build up those brownie points with the Mrs.).

So, what have I learned in these 4 years? First, I’ve learned that I REALLY am not creative when it comes to food. I can thank my mom for that. Do you realize it took me going to college to actually try Chinese food? I didn’t try sushi until was with my wife. Heck, on our first real date, we went to a sushi restaurant, and I ordered Chicken Teriyaki … that’s like ordering a hot dog at a steak restaurant. I’m getting better, but I still have a ways to go. My wife loves going to fancy restaurants, and making culinary concoctions. I’d rather just get a burger and fries (point of pain, folks).

I love sports and sports entertainment, and my wife loves reality tv shows and any “news” surrounding celebrities. Hence, we have 4 televisions in our house. But, we have both compromised a bit. My wife is in a fantasy football league that I’m part of … and she’s currently in first place. I agreed to watch Top Chef with her this summer, and hey, I kind of liked it (however, no chance of me watching American Idol this year).

My wife likes to sleep in on weekends, and clean the house at odd hours of the night during the week. I like to relax, blog, and practice guitar during the week, get up early on weekends, and complete chores.

Somehow, we still find a common ground, and time to love each other. I guess Paula Abdul was right – Opposites DO attract! I love you, cutie (that’s to my wife – not to you, my fellow bloggers … although I think you are all great in your own ways …).

14 comments:

Jeff said...

Scott Boras interrupted your anniversary weekend to announce that A-Rod opted out of his contract with the Yankees.

Seriously, congratulations. Enjoy your trip.

And I hope you pass Sue soon in your fantasy football league -- so you don't have to turn in your Man Card.

Steph said...

Awww, so sweet! Congrats.

El Padrino said...

aww schnookums!

El Padrino said...

ps i love Cape May
best beach on the east coast

minijonb said...

congrats on the 4 years! that's solid.

Christina_the_wench said...

You're such a good hubby. Got a blessed wife there. Congrats!

Eric said...

Well that is kind of creepy, you pretty much describe my relationship with the gf to a tee. Hopefully it will work out the same as yours has. Congrats.

-B- said...

Congrats, Los - and Dee and I wish you many more happy years together!!

snowelf said...

Congratulations to you both!! :) I love how you can respect and compromise with each other's differences. Here's to many more happy years.

--snow

Superstar said...

AWWWW you found your lobster!!!!
*sniff* *sniff*
AWWWW
~rolls eyes~
I Think I just thre up in my mouth a little...:)

Seriously, congratulations!!!!

Ink and Stone said...

Hey, take the ferry from Cape May to Cape Henlopen, it's a nice place to visit, too.

And congrats to both of ya!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary... hope you had a blast with creative food and lots of celebrity fantasy football!

Los said...

Jeff - Sue's team won again - she's now 7-2 (I'm a respectable 5-4, after starting 0-3).

Steph - Thanks, we had a blast!

ElP - I've been to Cape May quite a few times, I love it!

Minijonb - Where did the time go?

Christina - Shhh! Don't tell anyone! I have a reputation to uphold!

Eric - Good luck with it - I'm pulling for ya!

B - Thanks man! I appreciate it!

Snowelf - Comprimise ain't always easy, but it definitely helps!

Superstar - What movie was that from?

Ink - never made it to Delaware ...

Kristin - Thanks so much!

Ken said...

SO you back yet? How did it go?