Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Little This, A Little That ...

Just a couple of other items about me because … well, because I can’t think of anything to write about:

Favorite fast food French fry.
This used to be easy for me – McDonalds fries all the way. But, I gotta say, I’m a big fan of the Chick Fil-A waffle fries. Hey, I even like the Arby’s curly fries. At this point, it’s pretty much a dead-heat.

Favorite newer band:
If I had put down my favorite band, this would be far too easy – that would be the Stones. However, I wanted to make it challenging, because that’s the kind of guy I am. I totally love Electric Six – I’ve seen them on a few occasions at the Khyber in Philly (basically an oven). Sure, their third album wasn’t anywhere near as good as their first one, but still. I just downloaded their fourth cd (I-Tunes), and I gotta tell ya, they made a heckuva comeback – I’m halfway through it, and I absolutely love it! They are apparently coming to Philly in November – maybe the Rev and I will go see them again.

Interesting childhood memory:
I remember thinking that any sports team I was on or that I followed was destined to win a championship. Boy, did that theory come crashing down on me. My first tee-ball game, my team lost like 13-0. I remember being so upset and crying hysterically … how could this be happening to me? I had much the same reaction when my sports teams lost. For instance, when the Flyers lost the Stanley Cup to the Islanders in 1980, I remember getting so upset that I actually threw up.

Potato dislike
Shockingly enough, I’m a picky eater. I prefer noodles to any form of potato (with the exception of French fries, but that doesn’t count, really). I get upset at breakfast places that force home fries on me. I would rather have tater tots, fries, or even grits. I consider home fries as a filler, and should be replaced with more eggs and/or bacon. Don’t get me wrong – I’ll eat potatoes, but I really don’t care for them.

Favorite movie growing up:
I gotta tell ya, when I was like 7, I remember seeing a movie in the theatres called “They Call Me Bruce.” I thought this movie was probably the funniest movie that was ever created …. And that the rest of my life would be a waste, because I had already seen the Holy Grail of comedies. About a year ago, I saw a copy of They Call Me Bruce in a Best Buy bin for $5.00. I thought this may be the best money that I would ever spend. I immediately purchased it, and went home to watch it. Ladies and gentlemen, the movie sucked balls. I couldn’t believe that I had just been “Bruced.” By the way, that is a term I came up with after watching this movie. This is any time you go back and watch a movie you loved as a child, and realize it sucks.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Next to the Stones, Chuck Berry is a newer act.

"Getting Bruced" doesn't sound like watching a bad movie -- it sounds like visiting a San Francisco bath house.

snowelf said...

I have to agree, Los. I love french fries and those waffle fries are the best. :)

--snow

El Padrino said...

what about mashed potatoes

like with butter or garlic

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eric said...

Getting "Bruced" sounds very similar to getting "Munsoned"

Superstar said...

Potatoes? It must be a texture thing....LOL ;o)

MY 1st memory was tieing my shoe in our kitchen waiting for my Mom to get my sister ready. She said, "I need to tie your shoes" and I said, "That's ok...I already did it". ~points to shoes tied~

LOL ;o) My mom cried and I freaked out. For those of you who grew up in the 70's and 80's BEFORE the velcro!! LOL ;)

Crassius Maximus said...

That last part reminds me of me liking Supertramp when I was 10. I hear them now, and throw up in my mouth.

Los said...

Jeff - Wouldn't that be "getting Deuced?"

Snowelf - I'll continue to sample fast-food fries when I get the chance.

Elp - Mashed potatoes are ok, but I'd still rather have noodles.

Eric - Loved the movie Kingpin.

Superstar - Actually, I'm pretty sure texture has a lot to do with it.

Crass - So, the Breakfast in Amercia CD is probably not in your cd player?